You will not hear anything from Sprint about the iPhone, ever. Not until Steve tells them it's cool. All their Android commercials mean nothing. Verizon never talks about the iPhone in any commercials or promotion either, and they are already selling it (and the iPad).
    dude, I know they won't be in their commercials (that's not what I am talking about) but they will at least announce it thru some press release which will hit the internetz. It seems that they are putting their focus on the android market in the last couple of years which makes me doubtful about the iphone coming to them is all I am saying.
    08-16-2011 04:03 PM
    A home button on the back of the iPhone?

That sounds cool, now that I think of it, mehhh
    08-18-2011 10:06 PM

I wouldn't buy the iPhone if Apple moved the location of the home button from the front to the back.

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-18-2011 11:20 PM
    what would be the point of doing that?
    08-19-2011 07:16 AM
    The home button is not going anywhere anytime soon. I think they would rather change the size, have a smaller home button or have hardware that wont wear as much. So they might have a touch panel on the front that accepts your finger input like the clickable trackpad on MacBooks. The gesture is nice on the iPad, I haven't touched my home button in over 5 months. However on the iPhone screen it's just so small especially if you consider people with huge hands and the fact that it requires all your fingers not just one or two.

The volume buttons will also always be there because not everyone uses they phone with headphones. Even people who use headphones use the phone without them at some point. If you are thinking using software then you are requiring two or three taps when a simple hardware button only takes one. Just look at your TV, how long have TVs been around and they still have volume buttons.
    08-19-2011 01:14 PM
    ^ I agree. And that was a good point that you mentioned.
    08-19-2011 01:16 PM

I think that's actually a really really cool idea
    08-19-2011 04:19 PM
    I think that's actually a really really cool idea
    riley, why do you think it would be cool to see the home button moved to the back?

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    08-19-2011 06:43 PM
    riley, why do you think it would be cool to see the home button moved to the back?

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    Well for one thing I really don't like bezel and by moving the home button the back they could eliminate more of it and fit a bigger screen. Also, I think it would be a really great, innovative way of using space on the back of the phone rather than fitting everything used for operation to the front.

Think about it.. pressing a button on the back of your phone, that would just be awesome! lol
    08-19-2011 06:59 PM
    Well for one thing I really don't like bezel and by moving the home button the back they could eliminate more of it and fit a bigger screen. Also, I think it would be a really great, innovative way of using space on the back of the phone rather than fitting everything used for operation to the front.

Think about it.. pressing a button on the back of your phone, that would just be awesome! lol
    Yes, it might increase the available screen real estate on the front, but for those of us who use cases, it would be pretty impractical...
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-19-2011 07:00 PM
    for those of us who use cases, it would be pretty impractical...
    This is exactly the reason why I don't want it relocated on the back. I have always kept my iPhones in cases and plan on doing so with the new iPhone as well.
    08-19-2011 07:05 PM
    Yes, it might increase the available screen real estate on the front, but for those of us who use cases, it would be pretty impractical...
    Thats very true. But then case makers would just have a cut out for it.. like, for some reason otterbox always has that cut out for the apple logo on the back... But there's no way apple would ever put the home button on the back anyway
    08-19-2011 07:06 PM
    Agree it would seem like more of a hassle and get bumped or accidentally hit more when you place your hand on the back of the phone.
    08-19-2011 07:10 PM
    Thats very true. But then case makers would just have a cut out for it.. like, for some reason otterbox always has that cut out for the apple logo on the back... But there's no way apple would ever put the home button on the back anyway
    True, they could add another cut out for the back, however, I think adding a third cut out would take away from the Apple logo as well as make the back look too congested. Keep in mind that there is also a camera on the back besides the Apple logo.
    08-19-2011 07:15 PM
    Agree it would seem like more of a hassle and get bumped or accidentally hit more when you place your hand on the back of the phone.
    I guess so but I don't think I grip my phone hard enough to do that. But anyway, it's never gonna happen as much as I might want it to...
    08-19-2011 07:20 PM
    I guess so but I don't think I grip my phone hard enough to do that. But anyway, it's never gonna happen as much as I might want it to...
    has nothing to do with gripping it hard but when you put your hand around the back your fingers could accidentally brush against it.
    08-19-2011 07:35 PM
    has nothing to do with gripping it hard but when you put your hand around the back your fingers could accidentally brush against it.
    But think about it, you probably brush up against your home button now and it isn't pressed accidentally... it wouldn't be any easier to press down if it were on the back. You guys really don't like the idea of having it on the back do you? lol
    08-19-2011 07:49 PM
    But think about it, you probably brush up against your home button now and it isn't pressed accidentally... it wouldn't be any easier to press down if it were on the back. You guys really don't like the idea of having it on the back do you? lol
    What I don't get it moving the button to the back for no obvious benefit. And with rumors of replacing the button altogether with a capacitive strip of some sort, this discussion make no sense. But that's just my opinion...
    08-19-2011 08:14 PM
    What I don't get it moving the button to the back for no obvious benefit. And with rumors of replacing the button altogether with a capacitive strip of some sort, this discussion make no sense. But that's just my opinion...
    Well there is obvious benefit as I already stated... no home button on the front=less bezel=bigger screen and to me, thats beneficial. And no it doesn't make sense because it's never gonna happen but its still an interesting conversation to have
    08-19-2011 08:30 PM
    Well there is obvious benefit as I already stated... no home button on the front=less bezel=bigger screen and to me, thats beneficial. And no it doesn't make sense because it's never gonna happen but its still an interesting conversation to have
    Why need one on the back if you increase the screen size why not make it virtual? I mean going by your logic you want a bigger screen and a virtual one would allow for that and then you could disable it if you wanted to not have it at all.
    08-19-2011 08:47 PM
    Why need one on the back if you increase the screen size why not make it virtual? I mean going by your logic you want a bigger screen and a virtual one would allow for that and then you could disable it if you wanted to not have it at all.
    Well this doesn't really make sense... For one thing a virtual home button wouldn't feel as good as a physical one.

And if you increase the screen size and get rid of the home button then put a virtual home button on it then it isn't a true bigger screen it's just a altered home button... in addition, it would be very difficult to design a UI where the picture on the screen would increase in size when the virtual home button is disabled AND no app developers would account for this so a lot of the time you would just have a black circle at the bottom of you're screen and I don't think that would look very nice
    08-19-2011 09:03 PM
    Well this doesn't really make sense... For one thing a virtual home button wouldn't feel as good as a physical one.

And if you increase the screen size and get rid of the home button then put a virtual home button on it then it isn't a true bigger screen it's just a altered home button... in addition, it would be very difficult to design a UI where the picture on the screen would increase in size when the virtual home button is disabled AND no app developers would account for this so a lot of the time you would just have a black circle at the bottom of you're screen and I don't think that would look very nice
    Sort of how the button on the back wouldn't look very nice either. They aren't going to change how the iphone looks because then they would go against what all the apple loyal know it as and may get confused. Not to mention then they couldn't try and sue everyone.
    08-19-2011 09:30 PM
    Sort of how the button on the back wouldn't look very nice either. They aren't going to change how the iphone looks because then they would go against what all the apple loyal know it as and may get confused. Not to mention then they couldn't try and sue everyone.
    Well, yea. I've already stated myself that it isn't going to happen...
    08-19-2011 09:35 PM
    It would be incredibly difficult to push that button on the back, especially if you are using the device with one hand, like most of us do 95% of the time.
    08-21-2011 05:45 PM
    It would be incredibly difficult to push that button on the back, especially if you are using the device with one hand, like most of us do 95% of the time.
    Fair enough but guys I think you're taking me too seriously. I've already said a couple times that it won't ever happen. I was just saying that I though it would be a really radical and cool design... just my opinion
    08-21-2011 06:02 PM
130 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD