After I restored about 5 days ago, I kept wifi sync off and now only sync with cord. All seems ok. I will stick to this method until beta 6.
    08-14-2011 04:00 PM
    After I restored about 5 days ago, I kept wifi sync off and now only sync with cord. All seems ok. I will stick to this method until beta 6.
    Its a bug with wifi sync. I blame iTunes 10.5 b5. I don't remember having this issue with b4 (on Win 7 btw).

I had it try and restore my phone every time i plugged into iTunes UNTIL I disabled wifi sync. I haven't had the issue since.

I don't know what causes it, but disabling wifi sync seems to cure it.

---
    - Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.
    08-14-2011 05:11 PM
    That's what I am thinking too. I didn't have any issues syncing beta 5 until I checked off wi-fi sync.
    08-14-2011 07:06 PM
    Since 2 others confirmed my thinking, that appears to be the issue. Now others know how to avoid the problem.
    08-14-2011 10:42 PM
    turning off wifi sync and using the cable fixed my photo syncing issue
    08-14-2011 10:44 PM
    I've had Beta 5 installed since it came out without this issue, but today I checked iTunes and it's asking me to set up as a new device or restore. Tried everything I can think of (aside from actually doing one of those two things), and nothing fixes it. I can't turn off WIFI sync in iTunes because I can't get past the "set up as new device" screen. There's no way to turn off WIFI sync on the phone itself, but I tried just turning off WIFI itself and that didn't fix the problem.

I can still back up to iCloud and I can force a manual sync by going into WIFI Sync on the phone. But in iTunes, it shows the "set up as new device" and I can't change anything.

Since Beta 6 is coming out soon, I'm not going to restore or set up as a new device for now. But if anyone comes up with another solution for this problem, I'm all ears! ;-)
    08-18-2011 03:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD