If you had to pick JUST ONE new feature...

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I want this:

5c076791.jpg

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I would love a curved, matte touch back. Aluminum would be ideal.

Although more than anything I would love a 720p front-facing camera, or at least widescreen video capture using the front-facing camera. Then I could process vlogs or whatever SO easily with iMovie.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see mini solar panels as an alternative way to charge battery.

I would agree that an alternative way to charge the battery would be great, but it would take wayyyyy too many solar panels to charge it. If you covered the entire body in them it probably wouldn't be enough

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would love a curved, matte touch back. Aluminum would be ideal.

Although more than anything I would love a 720p front-facing camera, or at least widescreen video capture using the front-facing camera. Then I could process vlogs or whatever SO easily with iMovie.

or you could use a regular camera. You won't be seeing a hd ffc anytime soon.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
or you could use a regular camera. You won't be seeing a hd ffc anytime soon.

This is a good point cause I don't think apple (or any phone company) spend much time trying to fit a really quality front facing camera just because a lot of iphone owners don't use them very much, or at least most of the iphone owners I've ever talked to...

It's a really popular feature in smartphones now, but I personally, could live without it...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a good point cause I don't think apple (or any phone company) spend much time trying to fit a really quality front facing camera just because a lot of iphone owners don't use them very much, or at least most of the iphone owners I've ever talked to...

It's a really popular feature in smartphones now, but I personally, could live without it...

I agree. Most people are happy with the quality that is in the ffc now. I just think it would be too much money spent trying to get such a small sensor on the front for the ffc. I just don't think the tech is there yet it would need a much larger opening than the small hole for the ffc. I think I may have used my ffc about 3 times it is nice to have if I ever wanted to use facetime or something but not something i necessarily need.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

I think of all companies Apple would be the first one to unveil a 720p ffc. You know why?

They just launched FaceTime HD on the Mac, and they have already said that in iOS 5.0 the FaceTime quality will be improved.

That's not to say I really think they're going to do it, but they have more reason to than any other company does.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I want a solar panel as the back of the ip5. That way I can charge on the go :) and it would help with the current battery issues that plague smartphones right now.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
i want real push email like BB. If they could do that i would have 2 Iph in my hand tonight. Thats the only thing really keeping me from taking the plunge over to the Iph. Lets face it BB has got it way ahead of everybody when it comes to email

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
i want real push email like BB. If they could do that i would have 2 Iph in my hand tonight. Thats the only thing really keeping me from taking the plunge over to the Iph. Lets face it BB has got it way ahead of everybody when it comes to email

Agree that is one thing I can't understand why companies like apple or google can't get real push email like bb has.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd change a few things:

-Lose the glass backing for something more durable like aluminum.
-LED notification light. It would be nice not to have to wake up the phone to see if I had a new message, e-mail, etc.
-Capacitive home button. The current button (in my opinion) is too large and the real estate could be used for something better.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the home button turning into something like webOS' swipe area.
My statement still stands though. Solar panel as the backing :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I wish apple would allow for removable sd cards. I know that will never happen but that is something that I do not see why they won't include and that way people can change out cards rather than having to buy a new phone. Then again apple probably does this so people have to do exactly that.