This guy is saying Apple will release THREE new phones...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The rumor mills seem to be really amping up this LTE addition because of what they found at the Apple store...its certainly at least something to be curious about, but i still can't imagine this version having it since the technology is only just now coming to legitimacy on the carriers anyways (especially AT&T). Impossible? Nah...but it just seems far fetched. I'd also have to question their ability to retain the price of the iPhone 4 with an LTE model...

It would be amazing though, especially if all the other pieces of "rumor" are accurate and we have a larger phone, with better features AND LTE...throw in thunderbolt syncing speed and you'd have a game changer.

I really don't think this AT&T putting LTE equipment into Apple stores means anything. It's a fact that AT&T IS building out their LTE network right now. So really it only makes sense IMO. The equipment will be in place when they are ready and when that LTE iPhone comes out we can test it out right in Apple Stores.

My only question really about it is, who approached who about this installation?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I really don't think this AT&T putting LTE equipment into Apple stores means anything. It's a fact that AT&T IS building out their LTE network right now. So really it only makes sense IMO. The equipment will be in place when they are ready and when that LTE iPhone comes out we can test it out right in Apple Stores.

My only question really about it is, who approached who about this installation?

More LTE discussion. http://forums.tipb.com/t-forum/217248-lte-iphone-coming-t-2.html#post1748639

And do you really think Apple would install both AT&T and Verizon LTE equipment now if this next phone did not have it?

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it makes sense for the phone to come with lte since even if people don't have it in their area yet they could always use 3g and then when lte does come to their area they would be able to experience it. I think apple would want to be the first on one of the carriers to produce a lte phone and at&t makes perfect sense and then also have the verizon lte version also and advertise it as another point against android.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That is what I am saying. I am sure there are many people out there who would like a little bit larger screen and apple could make the hd and price that at 199/299 and then use the 4s/4 as the cheaper priced model. That way they would only need to make one new model or even make 2 new models and just get rid of the 3gs. Then again steve jobs said nobody would ever want a phone with a screen over 3.5 inch screen so looks like it will stick with that size.

So you're suggesting high end and large and low end and old....which leaves the normal upgrade out of the mix.

Wait, you'll see.

changingears

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Now here's a iPhone that will never happen: a version with a removable battery and a physical keyboard. :)

NOTE: Switching to some iteration of iPhone from Palm this fall via Sprint.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Now here's a iPhone that will never happen: a version with a removable battery and a physical keyboard. :)

NOTE: Switching to some iteration of iPhone from Palm this fall via Sprint.

You know you're out of the loop when you think a Palm device is a good choice after HP has just discontinued all manufacturing and support of these devices. :p

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask of that ol' Lone Ranger and you don't question Jeremy about this kind of stuff. #justsaying

Why not? Sometimes change only occurs through friction. Who is he anyways. God?

Nope. I still believe we'll see three.

Show me irrefutable proof. Asked and not answered (spitting into wind and tugging on said cape)

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If you need proof, just read through some of his posts and you'll see how many things he posted so far that has been correct.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I know he's wise but that doesn't automatically make him right every time.

Look, I'm just calling it as I see it - and if I were Steve Jobs it would make sense to me. I consider myself a fairly wise individual. So do others.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That is what I am saying. I am sure there are many people out there who would like a little bit larger screen and apple could make the hd and price that at 199/299 and then use the 4s/4 as the cheaper priced model. That way they would only need to make one new model or even make 2 new models and just get rid of the 3gs. Then again steve jobs said nobody would ever want a phone with a screen over 3.5 inch screen so looks like it will stick with that size.

No offense, but when higher-ups in companies start saying 'No one will ever...' that makes me worry about their sanity.

Want proof? Find Steve Ballmer and ask him about the iPhone, or see his videos on YouTube. He said no way in hell people would buy that phone without a keyboard for the enterprise market. Oops, wrong.

RIM stated the same thing. How'd that work out? Don't get me started on Palm/HP......or Nokia......

Change is supposed to hurt, supposed to make things be seen differently, radically differently.

Steve Jobs made his entire company on that line of thinking - so don't tell me he doesn't consider it.

That's narrow-minded and foolish, something Steve Jobs is not.

As far as I am concerned, I think he's a damn time traveler.

One thing is for certain, no matter how you slice it, he's the best thing to have ever happened to this industry, bar none. Best CEO to have ever graced a company. His ability to see and know is scary impressive. I love that he doesn't really care whether or not the market thinks it's good, he cares about the end user experience, something I preach at my job as well.

It's always about the customer. And right now, the customers want choice.

Dispute that. I don't mean that spitefully, I mean that seriously.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
... Triple post... Necessary?

I don't think so.

Anyway what you're saying is kind of backwards, you want proof that Apple is NOT going to do something this year that they've never done before? The proof is that they've never done it before and their current strategy is becoming more and more successful every year. Add to that the fact that many analysts have predicted multiple new models in the past, and guess what, it has never happened.

It's kind of like claiming the world is going to end and asking for proof that it ISN'T.. Well hmm, every other prediction of the world ending has been wrong, so I think that's pretty sufficient proof that the world most likely will not be ending upon your predicted date.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Whoa the tensions in here need to calm down. To everyone saying there won't be 3 iPhones how would you know? Aldo wanted is one of the only people keeping an open mind here. No one KNOWS anything. Every article out there is based on rumors and half evidence and as for his article he based his opinions(which were just another view to offer on the matter) with some solid findings and rumor talk. And his opinion of apple in a whole mirrors exactly what they've done. Sure they've never released 3 phones before? But they hadn't done a lot of things that they ended up doing and the world ended up loving.
3 iPhones isn't a difficult choice and for those of you keeping your closed minds only in the single sighted path of what you think apple will do because that's what happened last time, open you eyes?

Apple makes a living off of surprise and doing the unexpected that you would've never even thought of.
That's the genius and beauty.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
... Triple post... Necessary?

I don't think so.

Anyway what you're saying is kind of backwards, you want proof that Apple is NOT going to do something this year that they've never done before? The proof is that they've never done it before and their current strategy is becoming more and more successful every year. Add to that the fact that many analysts have predicted multiple new models in the past, and guess what, it has never happened.

It's kind of like claiming the world is going to end and asking for proof that it ISN'T.. Well hmm, every other prediction of the world ending has been wrong, so I think that's pretty sufficient proof that the world most likely will not be ending upon your predicted date.

And just to say this is the most ridiculous post I have ever read haha. It's nothing like that claim and just to say also claiming that it won't happened is just as stupid. It's a 50 50 either way because no one knows a single thing. Maybe it hasn't but your already saying they'll release two new models? That's multiple models right their so it's obvious they don't continuously do the same thing year after year.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
And just to say this is the most ridiculous post I have ever read haha. It's nothing like that claim and just to say also claiming that it won't happened is just as stupid. It's a 50 50 either way because no one knows a single thing. Maybe it hasn't but your already saying they'll release two new models? That's multiple models right their so it's obvious they don't continuously do the same thing year after year.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Thank you.

This article I just read makes me believe even more that Apple (and Steve Jobs) KNOWS when to make a shift at the right time.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_18775869?nclick_check=1

Yes, my opinion is that there will be three. I am not Steve Jobs or someone inside Apple that is in the know, but the timing seems right. This makes sense from this perspective.

To me, the loyalists are afraid of three phones, or so I read. Rejoice in it, because three phones brings LOTS more customers to the table, and that's a GOOD thing for you, Apple, developers, apps, everything.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.

This article I just read makes me believe even more that Apple (and Steve Jobs) KNOWS when to make a shift at the right time.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_18775869?nclick_check=1

Yes, my opinion is that there will be three. I am not Steve Jobs or someone inside Apple that is in the know, but the timing seems right. This makes sense from this perspective.

To me, the loyalists are afraid of three phones, or so I read. Rejoice in it, because three phones brings LOTS more customers to the table, and that's a GOOD thing for you, Apple, developers, apps, everything.

Your link isn't working, but I'm a loyalist definitely but it's just naive and in my opinion shows a lack of understanding of who apple is and how visionary they truly are. Theres no rules of their releases tying them down, there's nothing saying they can't. I think the 3 iPhone release would be the biggest boost in the market they could get, I love the idea. It definitely could not happen of course, but it also could. You can't guess the next move of apple, you can try but all you'll have is rumors. It'd be dumb to say it's not possible. I agree in the big market and benefits it could bring. It's a great thing!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee