This guy is saying Apple will release THREE new phones...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you'd think I shot your dog or something. Chill.....

I never said that Android was better, I said they are beating the crap out of Apple iPhone sales....and perhaps I should have clarified that.

Sales.

So the fact that anyone and their dog can use Android as an OS is still marketshare, even if it is a horrible phone.

Just speaking to growth and marketshare, not quality.

iOS is very elegant. I don't recall making any disparaging comments towards the OS itself. Please show me if I did and I will apologize.

Not bashing.

You specifically said that Android was beating the crap out of Apple as an OS...at no point did you imply that you were speaking only about growth and marketshare...it'd be like me going "Man, mcdonalds is beating the crap out of wendys as a restaurant" and then when someone retorted to that, saying "Oh i just meant when it comes to apple pie sales..."

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You specifically said that Android was beating the crap out of Apple as an OS...at no point did you imply that you were speaking only about growth and marketshare...it'd be like me going "Man, mcdonalds is beating the crap out of wendys as a restaurant" and then when someone retorted to that, saying "Oh i just meant when it comes to apple pie sales..."

I agree with that, which is why I modified what I said in a later post. Again, my apologies, I was fairly tired when I wrote that. I meant sales and nothing more.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You do realize they have like 10 prototypes that they have and then go down to the final #? releasing 3 would not be hard for them at all.

... Devices are a commitment for Apple. They release something and they stick with it, they don't abandon it in 3 months like certain other OEMs.

And just because they have many prototypes does't mean they could turn every single one of them into its own product. I highly doubt they are different enough to warrant a new place in the product line.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
With the recent development of the radical case design from CaseMate and an Apple employee confirming this. who now thinks this is more likely (3 new phones)?

I simply can't see Apple abandoning the initial size that so many people prefer now yet the inevitable size that so many others desire to have.....plus the 4S model.....

See you guys in a few weeks.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With the recent development of the radical case design from CaseMate and an Apple employee confirming this. who now thinks this is more likely (3 new phones)?

I simply can't see Apple abandoning the initial size that so many people prefer now yet the inevitable size that so many others desire to have.....plus the 4S model.....

See you guys in a few weeks.

The size is not that different at all, and with tapered edges it will be easier to hold. Plus, older iPhones have been wider than the iPhone 4. And it still doesn't make 3 new phones more likely. I haven't seen a single reputable rumour out there that points to 3 new devices.

I still maintain that it will be this one new device, and an 8GB iPhone 4, possibly in a different body because of manufacturing costs.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The size is not that different at all, and with tapered edges it will be easier to hold. Plus, older iPhones have been wider than the iPhone 4. And it still doesn't make 3 new phones more likely. I haven't seen a single reputable rumour out there that points to 3 new devices.

I still maintain that it will be this one new device, and an 8GB iPhone 4, possibly in a different body because of manufacturing costs.

I do agree with the tapered edge design as like the iPad 2, I think that's the design they'll feature for the iPhone 5. It makes more sense in the accessibility in holding it and also the antenna on the edge just all around has never been great. I don't think the 4s will be an 8 gb. Model because how much can you store on their? Hardly anything. But it most likely will be a new cheaper material instead of glass. But all around the same design.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I do agree with the tapered edge design as like the iPad 2, I think that's the design they'll feature for the iPhone 5. It makes more sense in the accessibility in holding it and also the antenna on the edge just all around has never been great. I don't think the 4s will be an 8 gb. Model because how much can you store on their? Hardly anything. But it most likely will be a new cheaper material instead of glass. But all around the same design.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Well, last year they introduced an 8GB 3GS and data taken by digital media hasn't increased in the past year. So I don't see any reason why that should change.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So you base your argument that Android is "beating the crap" out of Apple because they have slapped their OS on a hundred thousand different phones across the market, giving them the also quite irrelevant statistic of having the most phones on the market? Are you kidding?

I mean that's really the only real argument you could be making because you said you were "stating facts", and arguing that the OS is better than iOS would be purely...PURELY...an opinionated stance, and nothing reflective of a "fact".

I use an Android based phone nearly every day...and i wouldn't have it over even an iPhone 3GS. The operating system is clunky, clumsy and unpolished...it has a whole bunch of WOW factor on the home screen with widgets and a big clock, but there's nothing there that draws me away from my clean and polished iOS iPhone 4...NOTHING.

So what is better? The camera certainly isn't, my iPhone's camera takes an infinitely better quality picture. You can keep SD card memory, partitioning stuff on a card that can fail (and mine has) is not my forte. Larger screen? lol...still doesn't hold a candle to the retina displays quality, and destroys the battery (its sad how much less battery time the android gets, literally staggeringly less, even with tweaks to extend battery life). Android app store? LMFAO...right, it reminds me of the old Windows mobile OS store or the Sprint music, store, lol.

I could keep going, but i won't...because honestly, its an opinion of mine (did you see that? OPINION) that the iPhone is the better phone. And that leads me back to your post about Android beating the crap out of Apple right now...is that your opinion? If so, that's fine with me...we all have preference. But don't come in here pretending its fact...

I hear exactly what your saying. The issue is there are so many Android devices on the market with several different software versions. Its tough to agree 100% with your experience.

Comparing an iPhone to Android's plethora of devices really is, Apple's and Oranges (honestly no pun intended). Your experience with Android would actually have to be device and software specific, since Android phones are not all created equally like the iPhone devices.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only definite new phone is the 5th gen. iPhone. The iPhone 4 will continue to be made with less RAM, but no one will consider that new.

Apple has talked about an iPhone for the prepaid market. As usual, they gave no details on the phone or their timeline. One wild guess is they could continue to make the iPhone 3GS and sell it unlocked for $300-350. I don't think anyone would consider that new either.

Another wild guess is that Apple will release a 5th gen. iPod touch with 3G. If the carriers were convinced to allow VoIP/SIP phone solutions, this might pass as a "phone" of sorts. It would definitely be new. Price could also be in the $300-350 range.

If I had to bet money, I'd say there will only be one new iPhone. But I'd hope to lose that bet.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Jello,

I've stayed away so as to not fuel any more rumors but all signs now point to three phones. Cloud-based phone (8 gig max storage), 4S and 5.

We'll know for certain tomorrow afternoon.

I'm just excited for everyone, iPhone user or not, as this drives the needle forward. :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Jello,

I've stayed away so as to not fuel any more rumors but all signs now point to three phones. Cloud-based phone (8 gig max storage), 4S and 5.

We'll know for certain tomorrow afternoon.

I'm just excited for everyone, iPhone user or not, as this drives the needle forward. :)

Again, I do not understand how you deduce that there will be an iCloud-based device when there is no media streaming capability available to iCloud in the foreseeable future? What would be the point of having an iCloud device with lower capacity, when all data from iCloud needs to be downloaded first anyway? And why shouldn't the higher capacity devices have the same iCloud capabilities?

I really don't understand your logic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR