Alleged Chinese iPhone Prototype

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I looked and couldn't find a post for this topic...

I'm sure everyone's seen it already; the Chinese mock up of the iPhone 5 based on the cases a company released not too long ago. If not, then here:

xlarge_iphone-5-clone1.jpg

xlarge_iphone-5-fake-china.jpg

xlarge_iphoney-iphone-5.jpg

If it was made of glass again, and had the same metal band material like on the iPhone 4, I'd probably consider the purchase but my contract runs up next year. This does remind me of the iPhone 3G/3GS a lot.

What do you guys think? Is it real? Would you buy? What would you change?
Sound off.

SteezyAR

Aug 2, 2011
www.SteezyAR.com
it looks just like a 3G/3GS! I thought it was going to get a bigger screen so maybe fake? not too sure as it does look a little different to my old 3GS...

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
it looks just like a 3G/3GS! I thought it was going to get a bigger screen so maybe fake? not too sure as it does look a little different to my old 3GS...

Well keep in mind its just a mockup and doesn't actually mean that the iPhone will look like this. The screen looks smaller than the 3.5 inch they already supply us.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
eh, it looks ok i guess. what is under the hood would matter the most in this case

i sure hope there's an LED light on the front of that bad boy!

hawk2100n

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
This phone is not real. Sorry, that statement is ambiguous, I'm sure that it is not imaginary but it is probably not an iPhone or genuine Apple product.

Some of the things that definitely give it away...

The screen has the incorrect aspect ratio and is too small
The mute switch is a button and not a toggle switch
the volume rockers are from the 3Gs and would probably not be used in the same exact form
there is a bezel around the headphone jack which is too large
the font that spells iPhone on the back of the device is different
Assembled in the USA? (wouldn't that be nice though)

Reactions: riley9dy

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys... we know its not real. Just post whether you would buy it or not, why you like it or why you dont like it. And try not to focus on the screen size or anything. Evaluate the case design. That's all.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Guys... we know its not real. Just post whether you would buy it or not, why you like it or why you dont like it. And try not to focus on the screen size or anything. Evaluate the case design. That's all.

Why?

I could post a picture of a flamingo and say the same thing...lol...

iPhone 5...

flamingo.jpg

...come on guys, we know this picture isn't really of the iPhone 5, but let's pretend it is and comment as such! :p

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why?

I could post a picture of a flamingo and say the same thing...lol...

iPhone 5...

flamingo.jpg

...come on guys, we know this picture isn't really of the iPhone 5, but let's pretend it is and comment as such! :p

I like it :). Id buy it if it was a little fluffier.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Never mind. How do you lock / close threads? I can see we're not going to get anywhere with this...

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
it does. i like the design of the iphone 4. i dont think we need this bigger screen that everyone seems to want.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the design. Hopefully they would make the screen a little bigger if this is a similar design to the iphone 5.