Should I upgrade?

alaviarin

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 running on 4.3.3 firmware. To me I'm liking that firmware but everyone seems to be going to iOS 5. Should I upgrade to this or are there too many bugs?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's test software. Each phone behaves differently, so if things work fine on mine, yours could be toasted. If you're not sure, don't do it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You say everyone is going to iOS 5 as if it's released. It is beta software that is for developers to test things. It is not a easy upgrade that you don't give any thought. If you want to know the bugs there is a thread stickied at the top with all the bugs users have found so far. What I have seen is that on the phone the changes that iOS 5 makes it is very difficult to revert back to your old firmware. If you're an advanced user and you understand what beta software means then go ahead. If you love your iPhone to "Just work" and you panic when your battery goes below 50% this is not for you.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It is not 80%, dont listen to that. I think he was just being funny.....I have downgraded and went back to IOS 5 many of times. Thats what the forums are here for. Plenty of information and how too's! The Current beta to me doesnt have many bugs. I have no issue with it. I use it as a daily driver. No battery issues either.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you go through the bugs thread? Is your device ID registered? There are apps don't work on 5. So it's all well for someone to tell you it works great for them. The point is it's not released firmware so your experience might be very different. So like I said before if you understand it's beta and are willing to deal with crashes and willing to bypass something that doesn't work and you have your ID registered then do it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When someone comes on and doesn't seem to realize that iOS 5 is only in beta and wants to upgrade, asking some very basic questions, then I would concur - their chances of having something going very wrong (especially when we're already at beta 4) are large. While ghostface tends towards being sarcastic, he's got a valid point here. This is not for playing.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen many issues with B4 at all, it actually runs pretty smooth. I see both sides, it is honestly up to you. Check the forums and gather up all your info and decide from there.

Reactions: alaviarin

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen many issues with B4 at all, it actually runs pretty smooth. I see both sides, it is honestly up to you. Check the forums and gather up all your info and decide from there.

Ha, no issues? How about personal hotspot being disabled? That's a issue for me. That's just one of many. Overall its a good beta but it's still just that, a beta.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That is why I said "I" not "YOU" haven't seen many issues! For the most part I am happy with the beta for now.

I feel the same way. I have had no issues. Well maybe Facebook somewhat, but thats another story lol. I use it as a daily driver.

Makes me wonder what causes IOS 5 beta to work well on some phones and not soo well on others. Who knows...!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same way. I have had no issues. Well maybe Facebook somewhat, but thats another story lol. I use it as a daily driver.

Makes me wonder what causes IOS 5 beta to work well on some phones and not soo well on others. Who knows...!

that is so broad you would never find the answer to that. There are just so many variables to each phone based on the personality of each user. The apps they run, the settings in the apps, the settings of the phone, the way they installed the firmware, and on and on.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks for the answers, what's the facebook issue?

Well for me, if someone updates their status and I am the first to comment it gives me a no connection messages or something. Might not even be related to ios 5 beta lol. FB is always acting crazy anyway lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2