Photo stream

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This may sound like a really dumb question...but where do you access the photos that are saved to your photo stream?

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That is a REALLY good question. I have photo's I have deleted from the camera roll and they keep reappearing from the photo stream.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't even get the photo stream or iCloud configured. I continually get the attached message.

I can't find any place on me.com to do this nor am I sure I even want to do this if I could find where to do it. MobileMe is doing a fine job of syncing my contacts, calendar, etc. I don't know how iCloud would work at this point.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get the photo stream or iCloud configured. I continually get the attached message.

I can't find any place on me.com to do this nor am I sure I even want to do this if I could find where to do it. MobileMe is doing a fine job of syncing my contacts, calendar, etc. I don't know how iCloud would work at this point.

In the documentation Apple has put up on their website, Mobile Me and iCloud accounts cannot be merged, so you probably cannot actually move them until iCloud is in the public this fall. Currently only iCloud is on iDevices, and the beta build of Mac OS X 10.7.2 (apple seeded to devs this morning.)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
i lost my mobileme account because i heard of this service being free. now i'm being told i can't get it back =(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Of course it doesn't help that in beta 3 I had access to iCloud settings. Now when I go to iCloud settings it tells me my phone isn't qualified. WTH?!

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You've probably already seen this by now, but on Saturday they released Mac OS X 10.7.2 on the developer's webpage, which is starting to test iCloud beta on macs. Everything syncs/merges automatically with the exception of photo stream, which requires an iPhoto upgrade to work.

They advise against using this iPhoto download because apparently it replaces your "current version of iPhoto" and doesn't open your existing library. I'm not really one to experiment much with it now, but it at least means that they're closer to releasing a working version of iCloud for OS X, and most importantly a way of accessing those files.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's a rather bizarre update to this whole story.

For no particular reason, I tried to log into iCloud again this morning - and it worked. I turned on Photo Stream.

Several hours later I created a new photo folder and went to sync. It would not complete. Timed out everyi time. I unchecked all folders - sync complete. I tried various individual folders. Long story short,I turned off Photo stream, and I was able to sync all folders successfully.

Not sure if this is another bug in iOS 5 or in iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711