iTunes account/app sharing

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just an interesting observation.

I knew that with iOS 5, one of the features was the ability to install newly purchased apps on all your devices. But seeing stuff suddenly appear on your iPhone is mindblowing when you're not expecting it.

I share my account with my best friend (since I already own almost every app in the store, it seemed silly for him to buy any). Today while I was at the movies, he was letting his godson play with his iPhone - and downloaded a bunch of free apps. I got home and turned on my iPhone and saw a dozen apps that I would never install. At first I just stared at the screen thinking WTF? And then it dawned on me.

So I texted Paul and said "did you just download a buttload of free apps?" And he told me about letting his godson do it. I had to explain how I knew they'd done it - he thought maybe I'd been charged for them.

But the feature definitely works well!

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
lol.

my wife and I share.. she started searching for apps with funny names to send a message.. all free apps... its a fun game!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
In iOS5 b3, I had an issue with some free apps that I downloaded... once installed, I could not delete them. Every time I did, the wifi sync would put them back. None of them were anything that I'd ever use again, so I deleted them from iTunes. Problem solved... but apparently there's a bug or two living somewhere in that code.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
thats a problem for me too, not only free ones, but paid apps as well. the backup doesn't seem to record any changes that have occurred on the device.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Alli, does the person you are sharing with have iOS 5 (beta) as well? if not, i was just curious how it was working out with the beta iTunes

i may have to share an account for a little while with someone who is still on 4.2.1 but i have the most current beta iTunes. just having reservations until i investigate some more

WinMaciOSAn

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have an iPod Touch 2G with the lastest iOS firmware that was able to get which was 4.2 or something like that but anyways I downloaded an App on my iPad 2 with Beta 3 and I went back to my iPod and I saw it there, I had never downloaded the App in neither places, so it seems cool.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli, does the person you are sharing with have iOS 5 (beta) as well? if not, i was just curious how it was working out with the beta iTunes

i may have to share an account for a little while with someone who is still on 4.2.1 but i have the most current beta iTunes. just having reservations until i investigate some more

Nope, he's on the vanilla release (4.3.3...unless he just did the security update).

I've also had some issues getting rid of apps - they keep coming back even after deleting from iTunes...but it seems they go eventually.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner