As easy as it sounds?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm running iOS 5 beta 3 and after being through these betas, I love the notification center but I'm just missing too much from jailbreak .. So I'm wanting to downgrade to the last iOS I had before the jump to 5, which was 4.2.1 ... I'm currently downloading the ipsw for it, so really I'm just wondering if it's as simple to install as it is every beta? I just do the option + restore and select that ipsw? And viola, I'm back on 4.2.1 and can jailbreak again? Do I need to downgrade my iTunes, too? ... This sounds easy enough, but I have a feeling it's not that easy ...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think you'll be able to get back to 4.2.1 as I don't think Apple is signing for it anymore. If you saved your blobs you probably can, but if not you'll be stuck going back to the latest iOS 4 version only.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think you'll be able to get back to 4.2.1 as I don't think Apple is signing for it anymore. If you saved your blobs you probably can, but if not you'll be stuck going back to the latest iOS 4 version only.

Correct. Apple stops signing older firmware versions as new ones are released. Unless you have you SHS blobs saved (which it doesn't sound like it), the best you can do is downgrade to the current OS which is 4.3.3 (AT&T) or 4.2.8 (Verizon). If you are able to swing either of those, you will be in the minority as most are having major difficulty downgrading from beta 3. Good luck though.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Correct. Apple stops signing older firmware versions as new ones are released. Unless you have you SHS blobs saved (which it doesn't sound like it), the best you can do is downgrade to the current OS which is 4.3.3 (AT&T) or 4.2.8 (Verizon). If you are able to swing either of those, you will be in the minority as most are having major difficulty downgrading from beta 3. Good luck though.

Hmm, yeah I don't even know what blobs are, haha, so I'm gonna say that no those aren't saved. I kinda read a few different places that I have to downgrade to beta 2 first, then from there downgrade to 4.3.3 ... Is 4.3.3 jailbreakable? I'd hate to go through this process and then turns out I won't be able to jailbreak at all ..

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Currently downloading beta 2 so I can attempt to go down to 4.3.3 ... Do I need to change iTunes version too? I currently am running the latest 10.5 beta 3

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner