For those of you that have installed the beta of iOS 5, can you tell me what they have done differently with the Contacts application?

HTC Sense droids and Blackberry's have integrated social networking, call history, and email history into their Contacts applications. Selecting an individual "card" from the application brings up their information as well as status updates on facebook/twitter, past calls, and past emails.

Has Apple done anything like this for iOS 5?
    07-12-2011 09:22 PM
    Oh gawd I hope not.
    07-12-2011 10:25 PM
    Oh gawd I hope not.
    Thankfully, nothing that I have seen.
    07-12-2011 10:28 PM
    You only get the contact details. No social network integration.
    07-12-2011 10:46 PM
    Why is that a bad thing? The way its been implemented in HTC Sense droids is by having their latest status update at the bottom of the contact card.

On the Blackberry, you can see your past email conversations with the contact at the bottom of their contact card along with a call history with the contact.

Its not obtrusive or getting in the way of anything.
    07-13-2011 11:39 AM
    Why is that a bad thing? The way its been implemented in HTC Sense droids is by having their latest status update at the bottom of the contact card.

On the Blackberry, you can see your past email conversations with the contact at the bottom of their contact card along with a call history with the contact.

Its not obtrusive or getting in the way of anything.
    i have to agree with +Alli on this one.. when i open the contacts app, i'm looking for a contacts, not their contributions to the social network community. Plain and simple is how i write my apps, no flashy screens or the such..
    07-13-2011 12:03 PM
    I hope not thats one of the big things I hated about my HTC EVO, way to much stuff on a contact card. Its fine having facebook/twitter links in there but past emails, calls, etc. statuses too....now that is way to much.
    07-13-2011 12:17 PM
    Wow, I'm really surprised by the replies. I'm all for a one-stop-shop where I can see what my interaction is with a certain person in my Contacts.

Coming from a Blackberry, I loved how they did that for OS6.
    07-13-2011 12:26 PM
    I want my contacts. I want someone's phone number, email address, mailing address, or maybe birthday. I don't care what they're up to - if I did I'd go to Facebook. And I certainly don't want the contact information of all my "friends" from Facebook, most of whom are only there due to my blog.
    07-13-2011 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD