i have a droid x now and i am able to upgrade now should i get an iphone 4 now
    or wait till iphone 5. I got both of my sons an iphone 4 and want one very badly
    i dont know what to do. the iphone 4 is smaller than my current phone and im getting tired of my 4.3 inch screen and lock ups and random reboots.

some help please im afraid that if the iphone 5 comes with a bigger screen i wont like it but it will have a dual core processor and will that make it run better than the iphone 4 or not. i dont know what to do. i like androids notifications but i like the small form factor of the iphone 4.
    07-12-2011 01:29 AM
    Almost positive the new iPhone will still have the 3.5" screen
    c8169 likes this.
    07-12-2011 01:30 AM
    I think it is better to wait for the new one. In that case, you get to choose whether to go for 4 or 5. Otherwise, you may regret buying 4 now if you do like the new one better after it comes out.
    07-12-2011 03:49 AM
    Yeah, as there are many news read that the iPhone 5 or next iPhone will be Scheduled for October Release, so just wait some times and then decide to get which one~
    07-12-2011 04:04 AM
    Almost positive the new iPhone will still have the 3.5" screen
    If all of the early rumors hold true, the iPhone 5 will either have 3.7" or 4" screen.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    c8169 likes this.
    07-12-2011 06:24 AM
    I think it is better to wait for the new one. In that case, you get to choose whether to go for 4 or 5. Otherwise, you may regret buying 4 now if you do like the new one better after it comes out.
    I agree. Two and a half months isn't really that far away anyway.

07-12-2011 06:26 AM
    We've had an in-house confirmation that the screen will not change size with the phone coming this fall to AT&T and Verizon...so if you're holding out simply for the larger screen, you may as well go buy the iPhone 4.
    Is the fact the screen size will remain the same. I was really hoping for a larger screen.
    Personally, i would wait for the new iPhone for all the things that ARE changing, since your wait time is not all that long now.
    07-12-2011 10:26 AM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have the Droid X and I loved, loved it until the Gingerbread OS update. Since then it's been bad battery life, freeze ups, and all types of weird glitches. They made a super stable phone into a windows mobile phone. I haven't had to reboot a phone since my last blackberry until now. My wife had a blackberry then my original Droid and went back to the blackberry for a couple months until her upgrade date last week. She got the iPhone 4 in white and loves it. I've played around for a bit and I'm ready to drink the Koolaid too. My early upgrade is this Friday and I'm thinking of going for the iPhone as well. I'd like to wait for a possible iPhone 5, but at this point I'm really tired of the issues I'm having. My friend is on his third Droid X since the Gingerbread update. I'm not very hopeful of any resolution at this point. I've even considered activating my original Droid at this point. Pulling my hair out daily.
    c8169 likes this.
    07-12-2011 10:58 AM
    I agree that it's better to wait but if you can't you can always pick one up on Ebay/CL and sell it when the new one comes out and save your upgrade.
    07-12-2011 12:44 PM
    wait for the iphone 5 or whatever steve decides to call it
    07-12-2011 01:22 PM
    We've had an in-house confirmation that the screen will not change size with the phone coming this fall to AT&T and Verizon...so if you're holding out simply for the larger screen, you may as well go buy the iPhone 4.
    Where was this "in-house" confirmation? All of the Blogs and such that I've read point to a slightly larger screen on the iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-12-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    07-12-2011 04:05 PM
    No one really knows except for the real people not talking. If I was to guess though, I personally think that it will be more of an iphone 4s even if it is called iPhone 5. I think iPhone 6 will have the major changes like LTE, larger screen, etc... Again, this is just my speculation.
    07-12-2011 05:05 PM
    I agree that the iPhone 6 is going to be the one that gets the most improvements in terms of hardware.

07-12-2011 05:24 PM
    i have same problems but i dont know if i will have the money for the new iphone when it comes out (you can never save with having a family).and being the tech geek that i am i dont know if i will be dissapointed by gettint the 4 not the 5.also the wait is killing me!!!!!!
    07-12-2011 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD