Biggest disappointment RE: the next iPhone...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I happen to agree with this one Adam. I think the Verizon iPhone 4 may have had a little to do with taking so long for the next gen iPhone, but I think it has more to do with iOS5 and iCloud not being ready.

I think there are several factors. First, Apple was not going to release a new iPhone just 4 months after it hit Vzn. Would have been a lot of upset customers. They really had to delay a release. I also tend to agree regarding the iOS and iCloud as well. The question is... if Apple wanted to release a new iPhone in June, could they have gotten started on the iOS 5 and iCloud sooner? Maybe and maybe not. Its really hard to say if they could of had it ready. Apple is a smart company. They have everything planned well in advance. They have their reasons in why they do things and they dont have to explain one bit of it to us.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
They have everything planned well in advance. They have their reasons in why they do things and they dont have to explain one bit of it to us.

True, I'm sure there are several factors, and we'll never really know what they are. For once I don't mind waiting a few weeks longer. I'm still on the fence whether I want to upgrade again this year or not. My 4 is still in good shape, so I might just wait til the 6th gen. Then again, I'm pretty sure once it's announced I'll get caught up in whatever "magical" device they release and upgrade anyway. LOL

adam1882

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
All you guys have good points. But for me it's just hard to believe apple would hold off on it's new iphone for one carrier. I'm more inclined to believe that icloud took a long time to set up, not to mention all the deals with media company's and the earthquake in japan:( effecting the supply of parts and such. That's just my opinion though.
But I guess we will never actually really know the truth.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
True, I'm sure there are several factors, and we'll never really know what they are. For once I don't mind waiting a few weeks longer. I'm still on the fence whether I want to upgrade again this year or not. My 4 is still in good shape, so I might just wait til the 6th gen. Then again, I'm pretty sure once it's announced I'll get caught up in whatever "magical" device they release and upgrade anyway. LOL

Yeah I hear you. It really depends on how often you get upgrades to whether its worth it. If you dont get them every 12 months, you may want to wait. I am sure the 6th gen will change eveything all over again just as the 4th did.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Get off your high horse, you're pissing people off!

Actually, I'm a pretty big fan of the staff of these forums and I (usually) fall under the term "people", so don't speak for me. And while you're at it, do your homework... He posts what he "hears" for the benefit of those of us who trust and value his input. If he hears something different, as in "delay", he posts that too. ;)

My only disappointment is that others, who are patiently waiting :eek: might be disappointed that their wish list might not be fulfilled. But hey, like someone else said around here, as soon as this one drops, the speculation will begin for ip6. Ain't it great! :D

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
People have gotten rude. Also, people want info on future devices and ect. But then when individuals talk about what they know, they get flamed. Never use to happen that way. Things always change with info. Most of the rude posts come from people who have registered in 2011. Its the stuff you deal with on a growing forum.
Just wanted to point out that not everyone who registered in 2011 are rude. ;) While I don't see everything that you as a moderator can see behind the scenes, I do think "most" of the people except for maybe a few in 2011 came to this forum because they want to help others as well as gain a little knowledge from this site. :)

Last edited:

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
... He posts what he "hears" for the benefit of those of us who trust and value his input. If he hears something different, as in "delay", he posts that too. ;)

I wrote this before, there's a big difference between saying "it may happen" and "it will happen." The degree of certainty with which some of these claims are made is stunning.

"FACT" "Take it or leave it." "...but I know better."

Those are all discussion ending phrases. And when someone disagrees and provides valid counterpoints? Out come the mocking (dare I say disrespectful?) comments questioning people's "track record" or "sources".

I value reasoned discourse, not blanket statements of claimed "fact". Very few people know what Apple plans to do and fewer know the product schedule they are trying to meet. It's great to speculate and give our reasons for our guesses, but let's leave out the "I know better." attitude.

Point & counterpoint. Repeat as needed. Maybe the discussion ends with agreeing to disagree, but disagreement is not disrespect.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to point out that not everyone who registered in 2011 are rude. ;) While I don't see everything that you as a moderator can see behind the scenes, I do think "most" of the people except for maybe a few in 2011 came to this forum because they want to help others as well as gain a little knowledge from this site. :)

That comment was in no offense to you. You are a very good member of this forum and there are many newer members that are awesome too. Just we didnt have many issues with trolls and arguments until this past year. Just some members came here loving to start arguments. Those members will almost always fade away over time.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yeah I hear you. It really depends on how often you get upgrades to whether its worth it. If you dont get them every 12 months, you may want to wait. I am sure the 6th gen will change eveything all over again just as the 4th did.

I do get upgrades every 12 months, that's the problem. LOL. Part of me wants to wait, but I've never used the same phone for more than 8 months... until the 3GS, and now the 4. I'm one of those guys that before I started using iPhones I only used unlocked phones. I usually ordered the European variants so I could get them w/o any carrier lockdown or bloatware. I'm kind of interested in checking out another platform. I might keep my 4, upgrade to another phone OS to try, then upgrade when the 6th gen is released. I've never been as loyal to a smartphone OS as iOS. Plus the fact that I've only used Apple computers since 99 doesn't hurt.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I happen to agree with this one Adam. I think the Verizon iPhone 4 may have had a little to do with taking so long for the next gen iPhone, but I think it has more to do with iOS5 and iCloud not being ready.

Hmmm. If you are right, maybe this is going to be more of a software/feature upgrade than a hardware upgrade. As in, new processor, new camera, maybe not much else.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It seems your biggest fan is..... You!

Now you're demanding respect?

Get off your high horse, you're pissing people off!

Big difference between demanding respect and saying show me respect and I'll show you the same. That goes for each and every member here. "Pissing people off" by sharing information that I know? Some like yourself and maybe a few others just don't want to believe what I say because you really want that super iPhone so you don't want to believe it. So if I put up a poll on whether or not I piss people off and you bet that I do, you'd lose.

OK, I will go over this one final time for those of you who do not read every post. At the time of me posting things that I learn I can say with utmost certainty that they are indeed fact. Can and will things change from time to time? Of course they can and if I hear something I come back and report here what I learn. I told you all October before any website, people didn't want to believe that and look where we are now...

I understand many of you want that super iPhone, if Apple has it in the pits of despair trust me I'd be the first in line to get one.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, Apple is doing a great job of that, the "new" iPhone is "the biggest disappointment"..

LOL, you really are upset. Makes me feel great that all of those people out there hating on me for sharing the truth are nowhere to be found. Though you are around and you didn't believe me. :eek:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL, you really are upset. Makes me feel great that all of those people out there hating on me for sharing the truth are nowhere to be found. Though you are around and you didn't believe me. :eek:

Yea well I have been really loyal to Apple, was really looking forward to an all new phone after 16 months of waiting, to get the same exact thing, with a different chip and 8mp camera is pretty mind boggling. They could have done so much more, that's what sucks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yea well I have been really loyal to Apple, was really looking forward to an all new phone after 16 months of waiting, to get the same exact thing, with a different chip and 8mp camera is pretty mind boggling. They could have done so much more, that's what sucks.

Everything I have said was accurate including the reason behind waiting until now. I'm sure next October will be much different.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It's apple you know they have to stick with the business cycle and only make large upgrades every 2-3 years:rolleyes:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Everything I have said was accurate including the reason behind waiting until now. I'm sure next October will be much different.

So you're saying the true iPhone 5 will come out next year, and it will be the one to get?

That's fine and all, but I need a new phone, my home button doesn't work, thankfully I use activator to make an up down press of the volume buttons mimic the home button. Gets old though.

Plus I'm an impatient sob..:p

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So you're saying the true iPhone 5 will come out next year, and it will be the one to get?

That's fine and all, but I need a new phone, my home button doesn't work, thankfully I use activator to make an up down press of the volume buttons mimic the home button. Gets old though.

Plus I'm an impatient sob..:p

I'm done saying things for a while now. I need a vacation.

Reactions: Fausty82

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2