Biggest disappointment RE: the next iPhone...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then when I'm right and the next device is coming I'll simply keep my mouth shut to leave people like you to figure it all out. Sound good?

No, this doesn't sound good at all. Many of us here on TiPb actually believe in what you post. Heck, I went right out and got my iPad 2 back again after I read where you said the Oct. launch of the iPad 3 wasn't going to happen till the Spring.

However, if you were to say that the Phillies weren't going to win the World Series.... Then I wouldn't believe you. :p

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I will be disappointed for my daughters sake only. She has a 3GS and will not upgrade unless it's a similar form factor to hers. I told her about the rumors today and she's sad. :(

I loooove my iPhone 4 so I'm sticking with it, irregardless. Baaaaaaaaa.... :p

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
That's the great thing, you can buy it or not but stop and think about it. You really think Apple would have released a new phone 2-3 months after Verizon started selling the 4? Could you imagine the backlash they would get? No chance in hell they were doing that. All I have to say about it.

The iPhone comes to new carriers all over the world all the time, they don't delay everything everytime a new carrier gets it or we'd never see a new one.

Apple wouldn't risk billions of dollars over a few Verizon whiners..

Just saying.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Drew, if I recall correctly, Apple did say that they were planning on coming out with a new iPad this year.

Sorry to disagree, Rose, but Apple almost never pre-announces new products that far in advance. The exceptions I can recall were the first iPhone and first iPad. In those cases they needed to give developers (of web apps back in 2007) plenty of lead time to prepare content for those groundbreaking devices. That doesn't apply to iPad 3.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I never said who I know. And things change sometimes, and I've always stated that. It was supposed to happen and that was the plan at that particular time. FACT. My track record speaks for itself dating back to the original iPad. Where is yours? Oh you don't have one to go along with your 9 posts, my fault. :rolleyes:

Whoa! You gave me a friendly dig and I responded in kind. Do I need to begin every post with "I'm a newbie" and "This is pure speculation."? I do not and have never claimed to have any kind of track record here or anywhere else.

I'll take Rose's and other's word that you have a track record here, but you can't expect new members to know that and simply make your assertions without responding to reasonable objections to your claims. Your responses were (as I recall) pure certainty, leaving no room for discussion.

Same thing is happening here. You imply that you know that Apple "delayed" the next iPhone to avoid offending Verizon and its customers. I disagreed and gave the reason. Instead of addressing my logical reason (waiting for iOS 5 & iCloud), you rib me about sources and track record I never claimed to have?

Rumors about Apple products are so plentiful that I've stopped trying to keep track of them. Even guys with known Apple sources (Gruber, Ihnatko, Dalrymple, etc.) rarely write with the kind of certainty I've seen displayed here. Huge difference between "this is likely to happen" and "this will happen!".

I thought these forums were open to debate and discussion. Why should anyone contribute any thoughts or ideas here if the dead-end reply could be "Admin XYZ disagrees because he knows THE FACTS."?

Reactions: Premium1

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Whoa! You gave me a friendly dig and I responded in kind. Do I need to begin every post with "I'm a newbie" and "This is pure speculation."? I do not and have never claimed to have any kind of track record here or anywhere else.

I'll take Rose's and other's word that you have a track record here, but you can't expect new members to know that and simply make your assertions without responding to reasonable objections to your claims. Your responses were (as I recall) pure certainty, leaving no room for discussion.

Same thing is happening here. You imply that you know that Apple "delayed" the next iPhone to avoid offending Verizon and its customers. I disagreed and gave the reason. Instead of addressing my logical reason (waiting for iOS 5 & iCloud), you rib me about sources and track record I never claimed to have?

Rumors about Apple products are so plentiful that I've stopped trying to keep track of them. Even guys with known Apple sources (Gruber, Ihnatko, Dalrymple, etc.) rarely write with the kind of certainty I've seen displayed here. Huge difference between "this is likely to happen" and "this will happen!".

I thought these forums were open to debate and discussion. Why should anyone contribute any thoughts or ideas here if the dead-end reply could be "Admin XYZ disagrees because he knows THE FACTS."?

It's looks like you've gained a "fan". ;) Listen, I responded accordingly. You show me respect and I'll show you some. Simple as that. And I've always said things can and do change at times. At the times that I've posted, that is what is planned. All I can say.

No hard feelings.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I recently dropped my iP4 and broke the hell out of the glass screen...so I used my upgrade on a cheapie 3GS hoping the iP5 will drop within my exchange period, and am still hoping so because I'll definately swap.

But, having the 3GS has made me appreciate again the beauty & clarity of the retina display of the iP4...as well as the increase in speed (although small) in the iP4 over the 3GS. My friend also got a new BlackBerry 9810, and I am quite shocked that the speed of her 1.25 processor beats the iP4 by a noticeable amount...so...

I'm with some here who won't be totally disappointed if the screen size stays the same, but a faster processor would be even better along with a better camera. :)

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It's looks like you've gained a "fan". ;) Listen, I responded accordingly. You show me respect and I'll show you some. Simple as that. And I've always said things can and do change at times. At the times that I've posted, that is what is planned. All I can say.

No hard feelings.

It seems your biggest fan is..... You!

Now you're demanding respect?

Get off your high horse, you're pissing people off!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It seems your biggest fan is..... You!

Now you're demanding respect?

Get off your high horse, you're pissing people off!

He is asking for mutual repsect. Not demanding :eek: If your going to jump in others business, please read peoples post correctly.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'll simply keep my mouth shut to leave people like you to figure it all out. Sound good?

Don't do that!

On a side note: Is it just me Jeremy, or have some users in this forum gotten much more rude in the past year? TiPB used to be one of the last friendly and useful tech forums online. Not so much anymore. Differences of opinion are one thing, but being rude doesn't help anybody.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Don't do that!

On a side note: Is it just me Jeremy, or have some users in this forum gotten much more rude in the past year? TiPB used to be one of the last friendly and useful tech forums online. Not so much anymore. Differences of opinion are one thing, but being rude doesn't help anybody.

People have gotten rude. Also, people want info on future devices and ect. But then when individuals talk about what they know, they get flamed. Never use to happen that way. Things always change with info. Most of the rude posts come from people who have registered in 2011. Its the stuff you deal with on a growing forum.

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Tipb is nice but i feel crackberry is still the best forum out there. The marketplace is really active and there's even a apple section in it.

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
People have gotten rude. Also, people want info on future devices and ect. But then when individuals talk about what they know, they get flamed. Never use to happen that way. Things always change with info. Most of the rude posts come from people who have registered in 2011. Its the stuff you deal with on a growing forum.

Where're the rude posts? Don't be so sensitive... The Internet is no place for softies ;-)

adam1882

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
That's the great thing, you can buy it or not but stop and think about it. You really think Apple would have released a new phone 2-3 months after Verizon started selling the 4? Could you imagine the backlash they would get? No chance in hell they were doing that. All I have to say about it.

I don't buy it either apple has the whole world to sell to not just America and nobody else in the world cares about verizon customers apart from verizon customers.

Reactions: redbeard

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Where're the rude posts? Don't be so sensitive... The Internet is no place for softies ;-)

There are tons of rude posts. The good thing about TiPB Forum Staff is that they remove the posts once someone goes too far. I'm by no means a softie. I just choose to try and keep my posts relative to the topic and friendly. Besides, there's a difference between sarcasm, having fun, and rudeness. Just ask Ghostface, he's been around here for years posting sarcastic or funny posts without being rude.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't buy it either apple has the whole world to sell to not just America and nobody else in the world cares about verizon customers apart from verizon customers.

I happen to agree with this one Adam. I think the Verizon iPhone 4 may have had a little to do with taking so long for the next gen iPhone, but I think it has more to do with iOS5 and iCloud not being ready.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen