Biggest disappointment RE: the next iPhone...

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know for sure and no one does for that matter, everyone keeps talking like they know exactly what the new iphone will look like... get it into your head guys, WE WON'T KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE/HOW BIG THE SCREEN IS UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I still don't know for sure and no one does for that matter, everyone keeps talking like they know exactly what the new iphone will look like... get it into your head guys, WE WON'T KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE/HOW BIG THE SCREEN IS UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!

Ummmm I'm pretty sure the OP knows something! ;)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
quite honestly, I'm new to this site so this is probably a noob question haha but what is the OP and for what reason does he know any more than we do??

Check out the home page of this website... You'll get the picture! ;). I'll give you a little hint... He's the forum admin here.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
From past experience both here and at another very popular phone forum, you get to know whose posts to watch for, for good info. Could I be wrong? It happens! :D

Well I guess that makes sense but that prediction just seems like more of a guess. Only because no source is cited and no real leaks on screen size haven't really come out yet

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I guess that makes sense but that prediction just seems like more of a guess. Only because no source is cited and no real leaks on screen size haven't really come out yet

Of course I'm not going to say where I heard this... why would I do that? :confused: Give up someones privacy just to satisfy some forum members? Sorry, not going to happen. Again I'm simply just passing along things I've heard from people in the "Cupertino circle". Take it how ever you'd like.

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Personally I hope I AM disappointed with the new release because I just came back on board with the white iPhone and I really don't want to have a reason to fork out retail for the next iPhone.

Purely selfish reasons that I hope its just like the upgrade they did when they went from 3G to 3Gs. :)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally I hope I AM disappointed with the new release because I just came back on board with the white iPhone and I really don't want to have a reason to fork out retail for the next iPhone.

Purely selfish reasons that I hope its just like the upgrade they did when they went from 3G to 3Gs. :)

I am hoping the same thing. I will have an upgrade available that i can use, but I would really rather save it for the next iphone, because that will be much more of a change.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping the same thing. I will have an upgrade available that i can use, but I would really rather save it for the next iphone, because that will be much more of a change.

What evidence have you seen that supports this? There's almost ZERO information available for the one that is releasing (hopefully) in the next month...much less one after that, lol.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What evidence have you seen that supports this? There's almost ZERO information available for the one that is releasing (hopefully) in the next month...much less one after that, lol.

Yeah, this whole thread is somewhat of a farce... Apple hasn't announced ANYTHING about the next iPhone (iPhone 5?), yet this is a thread about what we're most disappointed in about said unannounced phone. SMH, really. :cool:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this whole thread is somewhat of a farce... Apple hasn't announced ANYTHING about the next iPhone (iPhone 5?), yet this is a thread about what we're most disappointed in about said unannounced phone. SMH, really. :cool:

You are such a buzz-kill. :D

francey

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
If the screen really is the same size I for one will majorly disappointed and the only way apple will keep me as a customer will be if the make a major improvement to said screen eg super amoled + retina display.

Not that apple cares what I plan

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If the screen really is the same size I for one will majorly disappointed and the only way apple will keep me as a customer will be if the make a major improvement to said screen eg super amoled + retina display.

Not that apple cares what I plan

Major improvement to the screen? They have the best quality screen on the market. Your not going to get anything better if you leave.

francey

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the retina display is one of the best screens on the market competing with samoled plus screen on Galaxy S2. most reiewers agree the deciding factor is what you use the phone for. i watch alot of video so the amoled plus could potentially be better for ME.

However i already have the retina display on my phone and at the moment i think ios5 is a bit lacklustre an upgrade so the software alone wont tempt me to upgrade. so the hardware needs to be really good for me to upgrade my handset and top of My list is a slightly larger screen. if the screen isnt larger i would be looking for a screen improvement elsewhere otherwise i will probably use my upgrade on a different handset. and anyway just because something is the best at the moment doesnt mean it cant be improved

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the retina display is one of the best screens on the market competing with samoled plus screen on Galaxy S2. most reiewers agree the deciding factor is what you use the phone for. i watch alot of video so the amoled plus could potentially be better for ME.

However i already have the retina display on my phone and at the moment i think ios5 is a bit lacklustre an upgrade so the software alone wont tempt me to upgrade. so the hardware needs to be really good for me to upgrade my handset and top of My list is a slightly larger screen. if the screen isnt larger i would be looking for a screen improvement elsewhere otherwise i will probably use my upgrade on a different handset. and anyway just because something is the best at the moment doesnt mean it cant be improved

Of course this is true...anything can be improved, but you made the comment "major improvement", which implies a serious problem with the existing hand set. There is no serious problem, bottom line, it's the best screen on the market, and when you say it's in need of major improvement, your argument about size becomes moot...i personally can't stand the huge screens available on some android based handsets, they look absurd, and the quality on the screen is simply not up to par.

We won't even get into iOS preference or opinions, since they have zilch to do with the retina display anyways. It simply comes down to personal wants, this is obvious, but when you say something needs major improvement, it makes very little sense when said "something" (See: retina display) is the best quality screen on the market.