Biggest disappointment RE: the next iPhone...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
OP, since you seem to be in the know, nail down a month for me please. September or October release?

I don't have a exact month for the phone(s) but the iPad is currently slated for October. That I am positive of. My best guess, they will come out at the same time or close together. Again I have to stress things do change and if they do, I'll be sure to post what I hear.

Is the 8 megapixel camera a definite?

I really believe so. I was told a "better camera".

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a dick, but how could you know this info? Future products at Apple are under CIA type security, I can't imagine anyone with enough clearance to know about the next iPhone, would actually risk a high paying dream job like that by leaking info to their friends??

Am I missing something?

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No deal breaker for me, i could care less if the screen was increased at such a negligible difference...the screen it has now is just fine, i mean they could give us a bigger screen each release year, all the way until it's an iPad...lol.

Im more excited about features, personally.

Exactly. Especially since 4 months ago I was staring at a screen half the size on my BB Bold and pulling the darn battery out ever hour, the iPhone screen size is definitely not a deal breaker. I'm really looking forward to the features and improvements too.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I do not care at all about the size of the screen. 3.5" is huge, and having the high resolution on the screen makes the screen look huge when I'm watching youtube or tv shows in bed. I would however like it if the screen extended to the edge of the device more closely, like it did in the original iPhone. But that's just a design aesthetic thing, nothing to do with the size.

I would be disappointed if the camera still makes a green dot in the middle of all indoor photos, and I'd be even more disappointed if they use the same antenna because it really is annoying sometimes (I live in a basement).

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the fact the screen size will remain the same. I was really hoping for a larger screen. :(

As long as the size of the phone stays the same. I have a Droid X and coming from that screen back down to the 3.5" screen took some adjusting but the retina display makes up for it. I love the size of the phone and it's much more pocketable even with my Otterbox commuter case. Plus the larger screen will will decrease the battery life and as already posted I would much rather have better battery life.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm not trying to be a dick, but how could you know this info? Future products at Apple are under CIA type security, I can't imagine anyone with enough clearance to know about the next iPhone, would actually risk a high paying dream job like that by leaking info to their friends??

Am I missing something?

Sorry, no comment. (pretty obvious that was going to be my reply.) ;) And believe me I'm not saying everything I am aware of. I'm simply on here tossing little things here and there to give you guys/gals something.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, no comment. (pretty obvious that was going to be my reply.) ;) And believe me I'm not saying everything I am aware of. I'm simply on here tossing little things here and there to give you guys/gals something.

Hey, that is cool. A little bit of info here and there is definitely better than nothing at all. Thanks for the updates. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Am I missing something?

Why not? I don't think the person who left the iphone 4 in a bar did it by accident. Would be hard to trace back too.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Bigger screen is probably the hardware feature I want most. It's not a deal breaker, I'm just afraid I'll regret upgrading to the 5 and not waiting for the 6 if it has it (I'm currently on a 3GS).

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's the one feature (4" screen) I would have liked to have seen above all else and I'm not sure a larger screen definitively means poorer battery life, but it would be a concern.

The new Droid 3 has very good battery life with a 4" screen. I thought the DroidX did fine with a large screen as well. The HTC phones have mediocre (or worse) battery life in general and it is magnified by the bigger screens (we're looking at you T-Bolt!).

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
While my iPhone 4 has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen on a phone, with my OG Droid coming in a close second, I would like a bigger screen. Not crazy, but 4" does seem to be a sweet spot. Not a deal breaker, but just a wish list item. Other than that, bring on the dual-core processor (and an iOS that takes full advantage of it) and an 8mp camera. I would also like to see Apple improve the speaker phone. My OG Droid's speaker phone was extremely loud, yet very clear sounding. I was rather disappointed with the iPhone's speaker phone. I really don't care if they change the design of the phone. I love the looks of the iPhone 4. Its one of the most elegant phones out there IMO.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site

Maybe I should start a thread "Fake iPhone/iPad rumors Jeremy has told me".

Heh.

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
A 4 inch screen would be nicer. I think there was a poll a few days back and this was the feature most people requested, dual core processor coming in second.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Like Jeremy, I'll definitely be bummed if the screen size stays the same.

I'm content with the current speed/&/or battery life so I'd like to see bigger screen, different design.. something new and refreshing - not just a power boost with better internal parts..

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am very happy with the external design of the iPhone 4. I'm looking forward to more powerful innards and better speaker(fingers crossed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a exact month for the phone(s) but the iPad is currently slated for October. That I am positive of. My best guess, they will come out at the same time or close together. Again I have to stress things do change and if they do, I'll be sure to post what I hear.

I really believe so. I was told a "better camera".

Was that for both the iPhone and the iPad, or just the iPhone?

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen