People have gotten rude. Also, people want info on future devices and ect. But then when individuals talk about what they know, they get flamed. Never use to happen that way. Things always change with info. Most of the rude posts come from people who have registered in 2011. Its the stuff you deal with on a growing forum.
    Just wanted to point out that not everyone who registered in 2011 are rude. While I don't see everything that you as a moderator can see behind the scenes, I do think "most" of the people except for maybe a few in 2011 came to this forum because they want to help others as well as gain a little knowledge from this site.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 09-14-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    09-14-2011 04:38 PM
    ... He posts what he "hears" for the benefit of those of us who trust and value his input. If he hears something different, as in "delay", he posts that too.
    I wrote this before, there's a big difference between saying "it may happen" and "it will happen." The degree of certainty with which some of these claims are made is stunning.

"FACT" "Take it or leave it." "...but I know better."

Those are all discussion ending phrases. And when someone disagrees and provides valid counterpoints? Out come the mocking (dare I say disrespectful?) comments questioning people's "track record" or "sources".

I value reasoned discourse, not blanket statements of claimed "fact". Very few people know what Apple plans to do and fewer know the product schedule they are trying to meet. It's great to speculate and give our reasons for our guesses, but let's leave out the "I know better." attitude.

Point & counterpoint. Repeat as needed. Maybe the discussion ends with agreeing to disagree, but disagreement is not disrespect.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-14-2011 05:37 PM
    Just wanted to point out that not everyone who registered in 2011 are rude. While I don't see everything that you as a moderator can see behind the scenes, I do think "most" of the people except for maybe a few in 2011 came to this forum because they want to help others as well as gain a little knowledge from this site.
    That comment was in no offense to you. You are a very good member of this forum and there are many newer members that are awesome too. Just we didnt have many issues with trolls and arguments until this past year. Just some members came here loving to start arguments. Those members will almost always fade away over time.
    09-14-2011 06:22 PM
    Yeah I hear you. It really depends on how often you get upgrades to whether its worth it. If you dont get them every 12 months, you may want to wait. I am sure the 6th gen will change eveything all over again just as the 4th did.
    I do get upgrades every 12 months, that's the problem. LOL. Part of me wants to wait, but I've never used the same phone for more than 8 months... until the 3GS, and now the 4. I'm one of those guys that before I started using iPhones I only used unlocked phones. I usually ordered the European variants so I could get them w/o any carrier lockdown or bloatware. I'm kind of interested in checking out another platform. I might keep my 4, upgrade to another phone OS to try, then upgrade when the 6th gen is released. I've never been as loyal to a smartphone OS as iOS. Plus the fact that I've only used Apple computers since 99 doesn't hurt.
    09-14-2011 06:24 PM
    I happen to agree with this one Adam. I think the Verizon iPhone 4 may have had a little to do with taking so long for the next gen iPhone, but I think it has more to do with iOS5 and iCloud not being ready.
    Hmmm. If you are right, maybe this is going to be more of a software/feature upgrade than a hardware upgrade. As in, new processor, new camera, maybe not much else.
    09-15-2011 04:36 PM
    It seems your biggest fan is..... You!

Now you're demanding respect?

Get off your high horse, you're pissing people off!
    Big difference between demanding respect and saying show me respect and I'll show you the same. That goes for each and every member here. "Pissing people off" by sharing information that I know? Some like yourself and maybe a few others just don't want to believe what I say because you really want that super iPhone so you don't want to believe it. So if I put up a poll on whether or not I **** people off and you bet that I do, you'd lose.

OK, I will go over this one final time for those of you who do not read every post. At the time of me posting things that I learn I can say with utmost certainty that they are indeed fact. Can and will things change from time to time? Of course they can and if I hear something I come back and report here what I learn. I told you all October before any website, people didn't want to believe that and look where we are now...

I understand many of you want that super iPhone, if Apple has it in the pits of despair trust me I'd be the first in line to get one.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 10-04-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    09-18-2011 02:04 PM
    Am I still "pissing people off" here???
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:06 PM
    Am I still "pissing people off" here???
    No, Apple is doing a great job of that, the "new" iPhone is "the biggest disappointment"..
    10-04-2011 02:09 PM
    No, Apple is doing a great job of that, the "new" iPhone is "the biggest disappointment"..
    LOL, you really are upset. Makes me feel great that all of those people out there hating on me for sharing the truth are nowhere to be found. Though you are around and you didn't believe me. :o
    10-04-2011 02:10 PM
    LOL, you really are upset. Makes me feel great that all of those people out there hating on me for sharing the truth are nowhere to be found. Though you are around and you didn't believe me. :o
    Yea well I have been really loyal to Apple, was really looking forward to an all new phone after 16 months of waiting, to get the same exact thing, with a different chip and 8mp camera is pretty mind boggling. They could have done so much more, that's what sucks.
    Premium1 and jwsnj3rd like this.
    10-04-2011 02:16 PM
    Yea well I have been really loyal to Apple, was really looking forward to an all new phone after 16 months of waiting, to get the same exact thing, with a different chip and 8mp camera is pretty mind boggling. They could have done so much more, that's what sucks.
    Everything I have said was accurate including the reason behind waiting until now. I'm sure next October will be much different.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:20 PM
    It's apple you know they have to stick with the business cycle and only make large upgrades every 2-3 years
    10-04-2011 02:21 PM
    Everything I have said was accurate including the reason behind waiting until now. I'm sure next October will be much different.
    So you're saying the true iPhone 5 will come out next year, and it will be the one to get?

That's fine and all, but I need a new phone, my home button doesn't work, thankfully I use activator to make an up down press of the volume buttons mimic the home button. Gets old though.

Plus I'm an impatient sob..
    10-04-2011 02:22 PM
    It's apple you know they have to stick with the business cycle and only make large upgrades every 2-3 years
    Sorta like I've stated countless times how Apple is doing the every 2 year redesign that started with the 3G and 3GS...
    10-04-2011 02:23 PM
    So you're saying the true iPhone 5 will come out next year, and it will be the one to get?

That's fine and all, but I need a new phone, my home button doesn't work, thankfully I use activator to make an up down press of the volume buttons mimic the home button. Gets old though.

Plus I'm an impatient sob..
    I'm done saying things for a while now. I need a vacation.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:24 PM
    Makes me feel great that all of those people out there hating on me for sharing the truth are nowhere to be found.
    The people who are disappointed, disappointed themselves by believing in unicorns. It's just a game Focker! I'm not disappointed in the least because I gambled on what you said a few months ago and sold my 1 year old iP4 and bought two brand new ones for my husband and I (white for me!), at a profit!

So THANK YOU for posting your info!
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 10-04-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Jeremy likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:28 PM
    did they confirm a status light? i have not read anything about it yet
    10-04-2011 02:29 PM
    So that's it? No surprises? Wow..
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:33 PM
    So that's it? No surprises? Wow..
    Looks just like we need a date now and from what I know it will be before the 14th.
    10-04-2011 02:34 PM
    lets get on with the GM now! might as well finish off my unproductive day with something.. ha
    10-04-2011 02:40 PM
    I'm just totally amazed that all they announced was stuff we already knew, just the bare bones obvious stuff.

Come next year this will be competing with competitor's phones that will be far far more advanced.

The whole 4G thing is pretty lame too, I'm always near a charge port of some sort.

I bet the lines will not be as long as they were when the 4 came out last year.
    10-04-2011 02:44 PM
    I'm just totally amazed that all they announced was stuff we already knew, just the bare bones obvious stuff.

Come next year this will be competing with competitor's phones that will be far far more advanced.

The whole 4G thing is pretty lame too, I'm always near a charge port of some sort.

I bet the lines will not be as long as they were when the 4 came out last year.
    They won't everyone will be waiting for a real i5 or switch platforms. I6 rumors gonna start now? Lol
    redbeard likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:46 PM
    I feel your pain, but what's the point of shooting the messenger?
    10-04-2011 03:04 PM
    I feel your pain, but what's the point of shooting the messenger?
    Who did I shoot?
    10-04-2011 03:12 PM
    Who did I shoot?
    You've been chewing on Jeremy's @$$ for weeks now.
    10-04-2011 03:26 PM
161 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD