07-07-2011 11:55 PM
    that would be cool for apple and its fans because they would be selling 2 phones and that would open them up for people not trynna spend 200 for a smartphone
    07-08-2011 01:20 AM
    It will be interesting to see two iPhones this year, but I think more likely it will be just one.
    07-08-2011 03:31 AM
    A naive hope would be that 2 different iPhones would create less wait time on release morning because they could separate the lines and process them quicker...I'm sure the carriers will figure out a way to screw that logic all up, but one can dream, right?

I'll definitely be buying the top end model, i can't see myself ever buying the "cheaper" version of any Apple product again, not to say there's anything wrong, but like my macbook pro, i can't see myself ever going back and buying another normal macbook.
    Ham Solo likes this.
    07-08-2011 06:48 AM
    maybe a 8GB one for $99 16GB for $199 32GB for $299 and a 64GB for $399? That would be awesome.
    07-08-2011 08:37 AM
    There will be two phones this fall. May not be released at the same time. Also think of this other phone as a possible "smaller" iPhone. And it will not be on Verizon or AT&T. At least as it stands right now.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 07-08-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    07-08-2011 07:25 PM
    There will be two phones this fall. May not be released at the same time. Also think of this other phone as a possible "smaller" iPhone. And it will not be on Verizon or AT&T. At least as it stands right now.
    If it's not on Verizon or AT&T, then what carrier will have it?
    07-10-2011 01:05 AM
    iPhone Nano on Sprint? Lets reinvent the rumour mill lol
    07-10-2011 01:47 AM
    Im wondering if this refers to the iPod touch w/ 3G...hmmmm...
    07-10-2011 10:49 AM
    iPhone Nano on Sprint? Lets reinvent the rumour mill lol
    Not sure... what I said is all I know about it right now.
    07-10-2011 11:13 AM
    Not sure... what I said is all I know about it right now.
    Maybe something like the iPad pricing model? No contract and you get a set amount of data? It seems like Apple might be ditching the iPod Touch, so I'm under the impression that a smaller iPhone could take it's place.
    07-10-2011 12:51 PM
    I have no idea what Apple will do. I do think that releasing 2 phones makes sense. Rumors about a spec bumped iPhone 4 and a new design iPhone 5 are very appealing, particularly if there are interesting differentiating features: global (GSM + CDMA) in one, LTE and larger screen in the other ... Something.
    07-10-2011 02:02 PM
    I just don't see them releasing a smaller iPhone. If they were intelligent they'd put a CDMA/GSM chip in the iPod Touches and have them be a smaller version of the iPad 3G. People would soak that up and Skype and other VoIP services would dominate the marketplace. AT&T could then focus more so on upgrading their bandwidth to really accommodate the increase and demand in bandwidth for everyone.
    07-11-2011 12:44 AM
    People have been saying that there will be an iPhone nano since the beginning. I don't see it happening. Maybe the two phones being released are a reduced price iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    07-11-2011 01:36 AM
    Two phones will be nice. It will be more interesting to look back the rumors in two months time after Apple releases the next generation of iPhones.
    07-11-2011 06:30 AM
    People have been saying that there will be an iPhone nano since the beginning. I don't see it happening. Maybe the two phones being released are a reduced price iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    There will be two new phones released in the fall.
    07-11-2011 08:45 PM
    With the new iPod touch and another iPad(rumor) I seriously doubt two phones will additionally show up.
    07-11-2011 09:22 PM
    lol...there's a guy in here telling you flat out that there will be. Everything is not a conspiracy...looks like there will be two new pieces of hardware from Apple this fall when it comes to the iPhone. Odd that he reported the smaller of the two won't be coming to AT&T or Verizon, which makes me curious if a smaller, cheaper phone will be showing up at Tmobile, which would be brilliant on Apple's part.
    07-11-2011 09:48 PM

I'll definitely be buying the top end model, i can't see myself ever buying the "cheaper" version of any Apple product again, not to say there's anything wrong, but like my macbook pro, i can't see myself ever going back and buying another normal macbook.
    Amen to that, bro! For me, it's "go big or stay home".
    07-11-2011 11:08 PM
    Do you think the iphone 5 will be a better calling device? aka not drop so many calls
    I don't have issues with dropped calls. Never have with any iPhone. That's more of a location carrier issue. Take a look in the carrier forums.
    07-12-2011 10:50 AM
    I could definitely see Apple going about releasing 2 iPhones as that is basically what they've done with every other version of their device i.e. an everyday user version(Macbook) and a pro version(Macbook Pro). Now there's talks of an iPad 2 HD which would be aimed at the higher end market of end users like video editors and music producers. This is an absolutely feasible possibility. It would also boost their sales in the iPhone department towards people that don't have as much money to spend on a higher end iPhone. It's a good marketing move either way if you think about it.
    07-13-2011 01:51 PM
    Do you think the iphone 5 will be a better calling device? aka not drop so many calls
    I am another person who hasn't ever experienced poor calling quality or dropped calls to any legitimate amount...are you speaking from personal experience? Or just going on the media hype that surrounded the iPhone 4?
    07-13-2011 02:08 PM
    I am another person who hasn't ever experienced poor calling quality or dropped calls to any legitimate amount...are you speaking from personal experience? Or just going on the media hype that surrounded the iPhone 4?
    IMHO, Apple addressed the whole "dropped call" issue with the VZW iPhone 4. Dropped calls is all about network/providers in a given location. AT&T doesn't work well where you are? Try the VZW phone. You're on VZW and no one can hear you now? Try AT&T... either way, you can have an iPhone.

But as others have stated, it's not the phone as much as it is a service provider and network issue.
    07-13-2011 02:12 PM
    I guess the two iPhones are gonna be called the 'iPhone 4S' and the 'iPhone 5'
    07-13-2011 02:49 PM
    Love to see a smaller cheaper iPhone but don't think it is gonna happen.
    07-14-2011 10:42 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD