One or Two iPhones This Fall?

Rex_Suggs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
that would be cool for apple and its fans because they would be selling 2 phones and that would open them up for people not trynna spend 200 for a smartphone

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A naive hope would be that 2 different iPhones would create less wait time on release morning because they could separate the lines and process them quicker...I'm sure the carriers will figure out a way to screw that logic all up, but one can dream, right? :)

I'll definitely be buying the top end model, i can't see myself ever buying the "cheaper" version of any Apple product again, not to say there's anything wrong, but like my macbook pro, i can't see myself ever going back and buying another normal macbook.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
There will be two phones this fall. May not be released at the same time. Also think of this other phone as a possible "smaller" iPhone. And it will not be on Verizon or AT&T. At least as it stands right now.

Last edited:

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There will be two phones this fall. May not be released at the same time. Also think of this other phone as a possible "smaller" iPhone. And it will not be on Verizon or AT&T. At least as it stands right now.

If it's not on Verizon or AT&T, then what carrier will have it?

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

iPhone Nano on Sprint? Lets reinvent the rumour mill lol

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure... what I said is all I know about it right now.

Maybe something like the iPad pricing model? No contract and you get a set amount of data? It seems like Apple might be ditching the iPod Touch, so I'm under the impression that a smaller iPhone could take it's place.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what Apple will do. I do think that releasing 2 phones makes sense. Rumors about a spec bumped iPhone 4 and a new design iPhone 5 are very appealing, particularly if there are interesting differentiating features: global (GSM + CDMA) in one, LTE and larger screen in the other ... Something.

irawkmac

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see them releasing a smaller iPhone. If they were intelligent they'd put a CDMA/GSM chip in the iPod Touches and have them be a smaller version of the iPad 3G. People would soak that up and Skype and other VoIP services would dominate the marketplace. AT&T could then focus more so on upgrading their bandwidth to really accommodate the increase and demand in bandwidth for everyone.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
People have been saying that there will be an iPhone nano since the beginning. I don't see it happening. Maybe the two phones being released are a reduced price iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

macjacky11

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Two phones will be nice. It will be more interesting to look back the rumors in two months time after Apple releases the next generation of iPhones.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
People have been saying that there will be an iPhone nano since the beginning. I don't see it happening. Maybe the two phones being released are a reduced price iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

There will be two new phones released in the fall.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
With the new iPod touch and another iPad(rumor) I seriously doubt two phones will additionally show up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...there's a guy in here telling you flat out that there will be. Everything is not a conspiracy...looks like there will be two new pieces of hardware from Apple this fall when it comes to the iPhone. Odd that he reported the smaller of the two won't be coming to AT&T or Verizon, which makes me curious if a smaller, cheaper phone will be showing up at Tmobile, which would be brilliant on Apple's part.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely be buying the top end model, i can't see myself ever buying the "cheaper" version of any Apple product again, not to say there's anything wrong, but like my macbook pro, i can't see myself ever going back and buying another normal macbook.

Amen to that, bro! For me, it's "go big or stay home".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods