Led notification indicator!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
amen, Hank. i swear to god if this becomes a reality there better be an option to disable it

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone is hoping Apple finally adds one, it's about time they get serious about notifying people about things, which is the biggest weakness of the iPhone.

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks God

Here here !

We need this ASAP and louder and customizable tones for email etc!

They took a page outta android why not poach some good bb features as well.

This and imessage will put Rim 6ft under.

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I say NO, to a notification light. Do you have a notification light on your computer for new emails, etc.?
That's a poor analogy.

Like me saying to you:

Can you put your computer in your pocket?

It's a phone and email device, maybe it shouldn't ring when I get a call either.

The phone should serve the user, the user shouldn't be a slave to the phone. I shouldn't have to always pick up my phone to see if I have messages waiting, it should tell me that i have messages waiting and then I will pick it up and attend to the messages....no time wasted.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You have locked screen notifications, you have a notification screen, you have icon tags. I don't see a need for a stupid LED light flashing.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You have locked screen notifications, you have a notification screen, you have icon tags. I don't see a need for a stupid LED light flashing.

It's so that you don't have to unlock your phone a thousand times a day wondering if you missed something, especially useful for people too busy to do so. Only having to check your notifications when you actually have a new one would be a huge improvement over what we have now where you have no idea if anything has been missed because there's no notification light.

I think NOT having one is stupid. And I bet everyone will love it the second Steve says the iPhone is getting one, just like with the front facing camera which was "unnecessary" and "stupid".

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It will be on the IPhone5 I believe and then four months after the new phone is out these boards will be filled with posts about how great the new device is and how no one could believe it took this long to get a light. I liked the analogy in this thread about about putting the computer in your pocket. :) The device is their to serve you as a user and anything that can be improved to increase that function is only better. I was involved in another thread about this subject a few weeks back and I STILL haven't heard a valid argument about not having a functioning LED...still not one. Also because you think it's ugly is not a valid argument since I can just say I think it looks ugly without one and since an IPhone hasn't been made with an LED for notifications yet, my argument is actually more valid than yours.

Reactions: redbeard

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Anything that makes life easier for the hearing impaired is great. I have no problem with that, and God knows they deserve it. However, if an LED light makes the rest of us happy, so be it. For me, my device is an iPhone, not a BB. If they add an LED light, at least let them have a way to disable it. Why are we still posting about this flipping LED?:p

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I hate the idea of an LED indicator. I hope if it is true it can be disabled. I always thought they were stupid and annoying.

@redbeard, with iOS5 you don't need to unlock to see notifications. Just press the home button to see notifications on the lockscreen.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate the idea of an LED indicator. I hope if it is true it can be disabled. I always thought they were stupid and annoying.

@redbeard, with iOS5 you don't need to unlock to see notifications. Just press the home button to see notifications on the lockscreen.

...and with an LED light you don't have to press ANY button to see if you have notifications. Even better!!:)

aberrant.chicken

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I use to love the led light on my bb and also bought the app to customize a color for each notification like when it is yellow i know it is a certain email account, green another, and etc. I really missed it when I first switched to apple but now I don't miss it at all... now I feel more relaxed and no longer a slave to my phone as I need to attend to it for every single blink it gives me (having the led flash at me just drives me nuts and makes me NEED to check the phone for whatever it is that I received). I also got to a point that when I see a color blink from something else I would think it's my phone and ended up looking at my phone every 15 minutes.
I mean it is useful but everything has it's cons and pros right? I think it really just comes down to personal preference... I wouldn't mind at all if the LED notification really comes true but I certainly do hope that apple gives us the option to turn it off...

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I use to love the led light on my bb and also bought the app to customize a color for each notification like when it is yellow i know it is a certain email account, green another, and etc. I really missed it when I first switched to apple but now I don't miss it at all... now I feel more relaxed and no longer a slave to my phone as I need to attend to it for every single blink it gives me (having the led flash at me just drives me nuts and makes me NEED to check the phone for whatever it is that I received). I also got to a point that when I see a color blink from something else I would think it's my phone and ended up looking at my phone every 15 minutes.
I mean it is useful but everything has it's cons and pros right? I think it really just comes down to personal preference... I wouldn't mind at all if the LED notification really comes true but I certainly do hope that apple gives us the option to turn it off...

I'm sure you will be able to turn it off. You could have turned it off on the BB as well before it "enslaved" you but yet you chose to enhance it even further...hmm.:)

aberrant.chicken

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you will be able to turn it off. You could have turned it off on the BB as well before it "enslaved" you but yet you chose to enhance it even further...hmm.:)

lol the enhancement came first... but what can I say... it's like a drug :D
But I do admit that I enjoyed it while it slowly enslaved me :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal