I don't know that you can make the vibration "stronger". Maybe there's an app in Cydia for that.
    07-25-2011 12:09 AM
    I don't think we'll see and LED indicator. The vibration strength is pretty good i think but the device is so small/thin most times people can't feel it.
    07-25-2011 02:07 PM
    personally, the only time i will miss any vibrations while my phone is in my pocket is if i am moving around for a while. what i am more concerned with is the fact that i feel what seems like a vibration.. check my phone--nothing

this happens to me about 3-4 times a day. crazy
    07-25-2011 02:25 PM
    I don't think we'll see and LED indicator. The vibration strength is pretty good i think but the device is so small/thin most times people can't feel it.
    Since they programmed the LED function into the new operating system to work with the old hardware, I think it's safe to assume that as long as the hardware for IPhone5 changes it will include a more functional LED. Just makes sense since they already went that direction.
    07-25-2011 02:34 PM
    personally, the only time i will miss any vibrations while my phone is in my pocket is if i am moving around for a while. what i am more concerned with is the fact that i feel what seems like a vibration.. check my phone--nothing

this happens to me about 3-4 times a day. crazy
    Maybe you just like putting your hand into your pocket? I'm not judging!
    07-26-2011 06:01 PM
    As much as I want there to be a notification light I don't think there will be because without one apple forces you to pick up you're phone, unlock it, and then physically check which gets you to do other things on it which eventually leads to buying more apps so although it seems farfetched, I think not having a notification light is a technique to get more people to spend money in the app store... but it sure would be nice to have one..
    07-31-2011 10:39 PM
    As much as I want there to be a notification light I don't think there will be because without one apple forces you to pick up you're phone, unlock it, and then physically check which gets you to do other things on it which eventually leads to buying more apps so although it seems farfetched, I think not having a notification light is a technique to get more people to spend money in the app store... but it sure would be nice to have one..
    That's creative thinking to say the least! Since they have programed an indicator LED light into the new OS already, I would have to assume the hardware is going to change this fall and we will see a much overdue indicator light to make all of our Iphone experiences that much better. I can't wait!
    08-01-2011 11:36 AM
    That's creative thinking to say the least! Since they have programed an indicator LED light into the new OS already, I would have to assume the hardware is going to change this fall and we will see a much overdue indicator light to make all of our Iphone experiences that much better. I can't wait!
    Right it is creative and I stated myself very farfetched. But those are the kinds of things apple does to stay number one, little psychological tricks like that. And I think anyone on this forum would agree with me that one of the main reasons apple is considered one of the best is because of small psychological marketing schemes.... So yes, it may be "creative thinking to say the least" but what other suggestions do you have as to why they haven't included an indicator light in the past??
    08-01-2011 07:04 PM
    Right it is creative and I stated myself very farfetched. But those are the kinds of things apple does to stay number one, little psychological tricks like that. And I think anyone on this forum would agree with me that one of the main reasons apple is considered one of the best is because of small psychological marketing schemes.... So yes, it may be "creative thinking to say the least" but what other suggestions do you have as to why they haven't included an indicator light in the past??
    I really don't know. To be different? Stupidity? Being cheap? I don't know. I'm kind of sure the reason they haven't done it yet though would not be to drive people to the App Store since (unless you jailbreak it) it is the only way to get new and different apps on your phone I'm just glad it's going to be there in the fall on the new one. Everything on the device is close to perfect except for the notifications. They flat out suck to be frank IMO.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 08-01-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    08-01-2011 07:42 PM
    I really don't know. To be different? Stupidity? Being cheap? I don't know. I'm kind of sure the reason they haven't done it yet though would not be to drive people to the App Store since (unless you jailbreak it) it is the only way to get new and different apps on your phone I'm just glad it's going to be there in the fall on the new one. Everything on the device is close to perfect except for the notifications. They flat out suck to be frank IMO.
    Well you can't criticize me and say my suggestion is "creative to say the least" when you, and no one else for that matter, can suggest a more reasonable explanation as to why they haven't included one.

Also, I know the app store is the only way to get to apps, but what I was suggesting is that through that scheme they would get people to buy those apps MORE...
    08-01-2011 08:59 PM
    totally, an LED indicator would be awesome. Would it add to battery consumption though if its like ALWAYS going off?
    08-01-2011 10:00 PM
    Well you can't criticize me and say my suggestion is "creative to say the least" when you, and no one else for that matter, can suggest a more reasonable explanation as to why they haven't included one.

Also, I know the app store is the only way to get to apps, but what I was suggesting is that through that scheme they would get people to buy those apps MORE...
    Your theory is kind of ridiculous to me but you are entitled to your own opinions. Checking for a missed call is not going to drive anyone to the App Store IMO.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 08-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    08-02-2011 11:27 AM
    totally, an LED indicator would be awesome. Would it add to battery consumption though if its like ALWAYS going off?
    It would only take juice when you have a new notification, and it takes far less power than the vibrate mode. Also, if you couple the energy lost by hitting the home button which activates the screen and then unlocking the phone (for me a minimum of 8-10 times daily to see if I missed anything), I would venture a guess that all things being equal, having an LED indicator would help conserve power.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 08-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    08-02-2011 11:30 AM
    lol...i don't think people quite understand how little power an LED bulb blinking actually uses...to give an example, i have a Pink Floyd CD called "Pulse" that has a little LED light on it that blinked continuously (hence the name of the album)...it ran off a tiny watch battery, and lasted over 12 years continuously blinking before it finally stopped (although it would start back up again if you shook it, but it wouldn't keep doing it very long).

LED would not impact battery consumption much at all.
    redbeard likes this.
    08-02-2011 12:49 PM
    It would only take juice when you have a new notification, and it takes far less power than the vibrate mode. Also, if you couple the energy lost by hitting the home button which activates the screen and then unlocking the phone (for me a minimum of 8-10 times daily to see if I missed anything), I would venture a guess that all things being equal, having an LED indicator would help conserve power.
    8-10 times daily, that's it?...I hit the home button on my phone that many times an hour. lol. I would love a LED indicator, but that won't be a deciding factor for me to buy the new phone when it comes out. If it's a small upgrade like a 3 to 3GS, I don't think I will be buying a new phone, but then again, I like new things. I guess until it gets announced/released, no one will fully know.
    08-02-2011 01:40 PM
    lot of rumors going on led notifications ..what is it actually?
    08-02-2011 11:57 PM
    You know that flash next to the camera lens? Well guess what.....that can now be used as a notification light if enabled.
    08-03-2011 12:59 AM
    In bitesms under ringtones and toggle on the flash.
    08-03-2011 07:12 AM
    ^^ yup, its actually pretty annoying.
    08-03-2011 08:31 AM
    ^^ yup, its actually pretty annoying.
    Actually being an ex-android user, the LED notifications are one of the things that i miss. It was nice to glance at your phone and see if you had a missed call or text.
    08-03-2011 08:43 AM
    well ya see its not a blinking notification as you may think. trust me, i had a Droid, and loved it, but not the case here.

they LED light flashes only when u get a text but in a ravestorm fashion. causing seizures. and only does so when the phone vibrates/rings.
    08-03-2011 08:58 AM
    well ya see its not a blinking notification as you may think. trust me, i had a Droid, and loved it, but not the case here.

they LED light flashes only when u get a text but in a ravestorm fashion. causing seizures. and only does so when the phone vibrates/rings.
    If it's annoying you could always turn it off. I'm sure when the new IPhone gets here Apple will have the hardware in place to make a good LED indicator. I mean they really don't have to reinvent the wheel to do it.
    08-03-2011 11:14 AM
    its apple. yes they do.
    08-03-2011 02:01 PM
    its apple. yes they do.
    You're right. It will be the best LED on the market. That's why it took them so long to finally add it!
    08-03-2011 02:32 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD