Just wondering if you think Apple will make the leap to 5 or do what they did with the iPhone 3G and make a half step to Iphone 4GS...The only reason I could see it being iPhone 5 would be to match the iOS 5.
    06-27-2011 03:59 PM
    Actually, the latest rumor I've heard from IGN.com is that they're releasing 2 different phones. The iPhone 5 as well as the iPhone "4GS". The 4GS will be a cheaper unlocked, pre-paid phone, whereas the iPhone 5 will be the more expensive, newer design.
    06-27-2011 04:59 PM
    we dont know until Apple announces it
    06-27-2011 05:43 PM
    I heard that there will be two models as well...I wonder what the price will be for upgrading from a 4 to 5 will be...
    06-27-2011 07:51 PM
    Just wondering if you think Apple will make the leap to 5 or do what they did with the iPhone 3G and make a half step to Iphone 4GS...The only reason I could see it being iPhone 5 would be to match the iOS 5.
    Also because it will have the A5 SOC. I think they'll call it iPhone 5.

Pure speculation:
    iPhone 5 starts at $649 unsubsidized & unlocked
    iPhone 4 starts at $499 unsubsidized & unlocked
    iPhone 3GS starts at $349 unsubsidized & unlocked

The 3GS will be Apple's foray into the prepaid market. They'd make an even bigger splash if they dropped it to $299.
    06-27-2011 08:56 PM
    I hope the next one is going to be iPhone 5. Cant wait to see it.
    06-28-2011 06:12 AM
    A salesperson at AT&T told me he was expecting a 4GS this fall. Of course, he also told me the iPad needed a regular SIM, not a micro...

I'm ready to upgrade. Need a better camera than my 3GS. Just sitting, waiting to see what happens.
    06-28-2011 08:21 AM
    There's no such thing as an "iPhone 4G" so there can't be an iPhone 4GS.
    06-28-2011 09:00 AM
    None of the above... iPhone 4S... S being speed, as in A5 processor...

Although if completely new form factor from iP4, then I could see iPhone 5... But 4G/4GS no way... As that would imply LTE which is 99% unlikely imo.
    06-28-2011 05:37 PM
    Prediction is for iPhone 5 in line with iOS 5. Only makes sense
    06-28-2011 06:23 PM
    I like the idea of iPhone 5... that 3S and 4S thing isn't a apple name, feels like Galaxy S and all those other S phones
    06-29-2011 03:50 AM
    dont care what its called as long as it gets here soon,
    07-08-2011 01:22 AM
    dont care what its called as long as it gets here soon,
    Me too! I'm jones in' for a new iPhone!!
    Rex_Suggs likes this.
    07-08-2011 03:28 AM
    it will be iPhone 5 because iOS 5 is being released, why would they release a iPhone 4S, 4Gs, etc. with iOS 5 not good marketing strategy.
    07-08-2011 08:38 AM
    it will PROBABLY be iPhone 5 because iOS 5 is being released, why would they release a iPhone 4S, 4Gs, etc. with iOS 5 not good marketing strategy.
    Fixed that for you...unless you have a time machine delorean, it's all guesses at this point.
    07-08-2011 09:49 AM
    Fixed that for you...unless you have a time machine delorean, it's all guesses at this point.
    what would we do without you?
    07-08-2011 09:52 AM
    He's just so certain lol...almost like he'd be heart broken if it ends up being the iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 XTREME or whatever iteration besides iPhone 5.
    07-08-2011 10:11 AM
    iPhone 5 is my guess. My guess is only as good as yours 
    07-08-2011 07:39 PM
    Prediction is for iPhone 5 in line with iOS 5. Only makes sense
    I'd have to agree
    07-09-2011 02:30 AM
    Although iPhone 5 seems to make the most sense I can see Apple going with something lame like 4S..
    07-25-2011 10:18 PM
    Lets hope Apple will be nice enough to offer an iPhone 5 not 4 or 4gs
    07-28-2011 03:43 AM
    I don't think there will be two models. Just one and it will be called the iPhone 5. The reason I disagree with a lot of people who say there will be two models is because, we must remember that apple is a business and their ultimate goal is to make money, and quite honestly who wouldn't pay an extra $100 or $150 for an iphone 5 rather than a not as nice 4s?? It just wouldn't make sense business wise for apple to have two different iphone models.
    07-31-2011 10:33 PM
    I don't think there will be two models. Just one and it will be called the iPhone 5. The reason I disagree with a lot of people who say there will be two models is because, we must remember that apple is a business and their ultimate goal is to make money, and quite honestly who wouldn't pay an extra $100 or $150 for an iphone 5 rather than a not as nice 4s?? It just wouldn't make sense business wise for apple to have two different iphone models.
    I don't know for sure what Apple is going to do... but I can understand the thinking behind the 2 phone approach, and actually think that it's quite plausible. Not everyone is able to pay $199/299 for a new phone (price point based on historical storage capacities). To date, Apple has placed their cell phone offering in the premium category, which also placed it in the upper tier, price wise. But there are a number of entry level smartphones in the $99-$149 price range which Apple has historically ignored. Offering an iPhone comparable in features to the current iPhone 4 at that price point could prove very lucrative for Apple... and that's the bottom line - making money for Apple's shareholders.

Hopefully, we'll know the answer fairly soon.
    07-31-2011 11:51 PM
    What?

There is an ENORMOUS market for the previous generation iPhone when the iPhone 4 was released...enough to where they continued selling it not one, but 2 years after it was released (even longer actually)...Apple's new plan seems to be to introduce a "new" iPhone that is cheaper so they don't have to stick with the previous generation in the retail stores...this idea seems not only great from a consumer stand point because they don't have to feel like they're getting the "old one", but also from a business stand point, because they don't have to come down on price as much on a lesser NEW iPhone than they do with a previous generation OLD iPhone.

It makes perfect sense on both ends of the spectrum to release 2 different iPhones.
    08-01-2011 09:44 AM
    What?

There is an ENORMOUS market for the previous generation iPhone when the iPhone 4 was released...enough to where they continued selling it not one, but 2 years after it was released (even longer actually)...Apple's new plan seems to be to introduce a "new" iPhone that is cheaper so they don't have to stick with the previous generation in the retail stores...this idea seems not only great from a consumer stand point because they don't have to feel like they're getting the "old one", but also from a business stand point, because they don't have to come down on price as much on a lesser NEW iPhone than they do with a previous generation OLD iPhone.

It makes perfect sense on both ends of the spectrum to release 2 different iPhones.
    I disagree. I'm not saying people won't buy a past generation iPhone, I'm saying that MOST people who are going to buy an iPhone would be willing to pay the extra money for the top of the line one if there are two new ones... If they produced two dif. models then the iPhone 4 wouldn't be sold and all of the people that would have bought it used would just by the second tier iPhone and after the money apple would spend developing a second tier phone it just wouldn't be profitable..... To word it more simply: Why build a second tier phone thats about equal to the iphone 4 when you could just keep selling the iphone 4 after the iphone 5 is out?
    08-01-2011 07:11 PM
161 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD