Will it be the iPhone 5 or 4G, or 4GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Dual core, better camera, LTE, and more memory is not enough for you? Better start looking elsewhere then.

*disclaimer - I'm not saying anything is 100% for sure as I'm not going to take heat from members here.

I think it's hilarious that you need to add a disclaimer to your posts so people don't freak out lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Dual core, better camera, LTE, and more memory is not enough for you? Better start looking elsewhere then.

*disclaimer - I'm not saying anything is 100% for sure as I'm not going to take heat from members here.

Did your friend happen to mention how it looked design wise? And if it was really thinner than the i4 for having lte?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think it's hilarious that you need to add a disclaimer to your posts so people don't freak out lol

If I don't people freak out for whatever reason thinking they know something while I'm pulling my stuff out of thin air and they are clueless as to where I get my information from. I can tell you 100% that things I say, at that particular time, are accurate. I'll be the first to admit things can and do change but this late in the game with October right around the corner, highly doubtful things will change from what I know. I find it humorous as well but I'm just covering my butt. :p

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks. That may confuse some people if it does look the same as the i4. I wish they would go with a similar back that was on the 3gs rather than the glass.

It's really no different than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Looked identical besides the the way text on the back of the device looked. One was glossy and the other not. I think this will be Apple's pattern honestly. Use the same design two years in a row then move on to redesign.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Okay, because I'm bored...

The next iPhone will most likely support 21 Mbs HSPA+. Maybe even 42 Mbs.
This qualifies it as a 4G device by current marketing standards.

If it has LTE radios as well, then I give you...

iPhone 4GL.

For haters: iPhone ugly, or iPhone fugly.

People who like teenaged singers can call it iPhone GLee.

I don't care what they call it, my 3GS has had a good run, but it's got to go.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's really no different than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Looked identical besides the the way text on the back of the device looked. One was glossy and the other not. I think this will be Apple's pattern honestly. Use the same design two years in a row then move on to redesign.

Well it isn't as fragile to break is what I meant. Why you would use glass on the back is beyond me but I just think if they made it the same material as the 3g/3gs that would make it a little less prone to breaking.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Class action lawsuit against Jeremy Sikora

Attention forum members.

If you have been affected in any way by claims made by Mr. Sikora about the alleged upcoming Apple iPhone (salivating, shortness of breath, sweaty palms, device envy), you may be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit being prepared against the aforementioned Mr. Sikora.

Please contact us at areyouf'inserious.com
Sincerely, B. Leed/M. Dry, Legal Services

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Also, wouldn't aluminum be thinner and stronger as well?

You would think so but it is apple. I am sure they will just stick with glass again and use the antenna on the outside maybe they fixed it this time so you don't lose signal when holding it. Another thing you have to think wtf was apple thinking on that one.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well it isn't as fragile to break is what I meant. Why you would use glass on the back is beyond me but I just think if they made it the same material as the 3g/3gs that would make it a little less prone to breaking.

Personally I prefer the glass back to the plastic. All a matter of personal taste. I've never dropped my current iPhone and don't plan on it. ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ha but when you do you will wish it was aluminum.

Only problem I see with this is that fact that aluminum tends to get scratched more easily. I've dropped my iPhone 4 about 3 times now, it was in a case and that glass on the back didn't break one time. I'm careful, but accidents happen, ya know?

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I see with this is that fact that aluminum tends to get scratched more easily. I've dropped my iPhone 4 about 3 times now, it was in a case and that glass on the back didn't break one time. I'm careful, but accidents happen, ya know?

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean but I would rather the phone get scratched then get broken if an accident happens and you don't have the phone in a case.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean but I would rather the phone get scratched then get broken if an accident happens and you don't have the phone in a case.

I've had my iphone 4 for a while now and it's been dropped a few times and the glass never broke. It's surprisingly very very strong. So I'm not worried about the next one being glass. I think for the most part, that the glass survives just as well as any other phone when it's dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen