Besides, if I don't spend it on toys, my wife will try to spend it on something stupid like jewelry or shoes
    Nothing wrong with that. A woman can never have too much jewelry or shoes.
    08-20-2011 01:21 PM
    Dual core, better camera, LTE, and more memory is not enough for you? Better start looking elsewhere then.

*disclaimer - I'm not saying anything is 100% for sure as I'm not going to take heat from members here.
    I think it's hilarious that you need to add a disclaimer to your posts so people don't freak out lol
    08-20-2011 01:26 PM
    Dual core, better camera, LTE, and more memory is not enough for you? Better start looking elsewhere then.

*disclaimer - I'm not saying anything is 100% for sure as I'm not going to take heat from members here.
    Did your friend happen to mention how it looked design wise? And if it was really thinner than the i4 for having lte?
    08-20-2011 01:29 PM
    I think it's hilarious that you need to add a disclaimer to your posts so people don't freak out lol
    If I don't people freak out for whatever reason thinking they know something while I'm pulling my stuff out of thin air and they are clueless as to where I get my information from. I can tell you 100% that things I say, at that particular time, are accurate. I'll be the first to admit things can and do change but this late in the game with October right around the corner, highly doubtful things will change from what I know. I find it humorous as well but I'm just covering my butt.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-20-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    08-20-2011 01:31 PM
    Did your friend happen to mention how it looked design wise? And if it was really thinner than the i4 for having lte?
    I'm under the impression it looks almost identical or 100% identical to the 4.
    08-20-2011 01:34 PM
    I'm under the impression it looks almost identical or 100% identical to the 4.
    Thanks. That may confuse some people if it does look the same as the i4. I wish they would go with a similar back that was on the 3gs rather than the glass.
    08-20-2011 01:39 PM
    Thanks. That may confuse some people if it does look the same as the i4. I wish they would go with a similar back that was on the 3gs rather than the glass.
    It's really no different than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Looked identical besides the the way text on the back of the device looked. One was glossy and the other not. I think this will be Apple's pattern honestly. Use the same design two years in a row then move on to redesign.
    08-20-2011 01:41 PM
    Okay, because I'm bored...

The next iPhone will most likely support 21 Mbs HSPA+. Maybe even 42 Mbs.
    This qualifies it as a 4G device by current marketing standards.

If it has LTE radios as well, then I give you...

iPhone 4GL.

For haters: iPhone ugly, or iPhone fugly.

People who like teenaged singers can call it iPhone GLee.

I don't care what they call it, my 3GS has had a good run, but it's got to go.
    08-20-2011 01:45 PM
    It's really no different than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Looked identical besides the the way text on the back of the device looked. One was glossy and the other not. I think this will be Apple's pattern honestly. Use the same design two years in a row then move on to redesign.
    Well it isn't as fragile to break is what I meant. Why you would use glass on the back is beyond me but I just think if they made it the same material as the 3g/3gs that would make it a little less prone to breaking.
    08-20-2011 01:55 PM
    Attention forum members.

If you have been affected in any way by claims made by Mr. Sikora about the alleged upcoming Apple iPhone (salivating, shortness of breath, sweaty palms, device envy), you may be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit being prepared against the aforementioned Mr. Sikora.

Please contact us at areyouf'inserious.com
    Sincerely, B. Leed/M. Dry, Legal Services
    Jeremy likes this.
    08-20-2011 01:59 PM
    Well it isn't as fragile to break is what I meant. Why you would use glass on the back is beyond me but I just think if they made it the same material as the 3g/3gs that would make it a little less prone to breaking.
    Also, wouldn't aluminum be thinner and stronger as well?
    08-20-2011 02:01 PM
    Also, wouldn't aluminum be thinner and stronger as well?
    You would think so but it is apple. I am sure they will just stick with glass again and use the antenna on the outside maybe they fixed it this time so you don't lose signal when holding it. Another thing you have to think wtf was apple thinking on that one.
    08-20-2011 02:04 PM
    Personally I prefer the glass back to the plastic. All a matter of personal taste. I've never dropped my current iPhone and don't plan on it.
    08-20-2011 02:06 PM
    Personally I prefer the glass back to the plastic. All a matter of personal taste. I've never dropped my current iPhone and don't plan on it.
    ha but when you do you will wish it was aluminum.
    08-20-2011 02:08 PM
    I'm a bit more careful with my gadgets than the average person. And if I do, make a phone call and have a new back shipped to me over night for free.
    08-20-2011 02:13 PM
    I'm a bit more careful with my gadgets than the average person. And if I do, make a phone call and have a new back shipped to me over night for free.
    Ha yeah I always keep mine in a case but you no other people aren't as careful as we are lol.
    08-20-2011 02:18 PM
    Ha yeah I always keep mine in a case but you no other people aren't as careful as we are lol.
    This is very very true.
    08-20-2011 02:25 PM
    Only problem I see with this is that fact that aluminum tends to get scratched more easily. I've dropped my iPhone 4 about 3 times now, it was in a case and that glass on the back didn't break one time. I'm careful, but accidents happen, ya know?

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2011 11:50 PM
    Only problem I see with this is that fact that aluminum tends to get scratched more easily. I've dropped my iPhone 4 about 3 times now, it was in a case and that glass on the back didn't break one time. I'm careful, but accidents happen, ya know?

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    I know what you mean but I would rather the phone get scratched then get broken if an accident happens and you don't have the phone in a case.
    08-20-2011 11:58 PM
    I know what you mean but I would rather the phone get scratched then get broken if an accident happens and you don't have the phone in a case.
    I've had my iphone 4 for a while now and it's been dropped a few times and the glass never broke. It's surprisingly very very strong. So I'm not worried about the next one being glass. I think for the most part, that the glass survives just as well as any other phone when it's dropped.
    08-21-2011 08:16 PM
    I've had my iphone 4 for a while now and it's been dropped a few times and the glass never broke. It's surprisingly very very strong. So I'm not worried about the next one being glass. I think for the most part, that the glass survives just as well as any other phone when it's dropped.
    Idk I have a number of friends who dropped their i4 once and it shattered. Compared to other phones it seems to be more prone to breaking. Maybe it was just their phone but from what I have seen with them and on various sites like this it doesn't seem to durable. Maybe they can improve the strength if they use glass on the i5 to make it stronger?
    08-21-2011 08:23 PM
    Idk I have a number of friends who dropped their i4 once and it shattered. Compared to other phones it seems to be more prone to breaking. Maybe it was just their phone but from what I have seen with them and on various sites like this it doesn't seem to durable. Maybe they can improve the strength if they use glass on the i5 to make it stronger?
    Yea they could.. but I agree with you and think it would better and simpler for apple if they just put on an aluminum back. Not to mention, it would be much nicer looking too
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-21-2011 08:25 PM
    Definitely a good question of function vs. style...the glass looks nice I think, and I am careful enough to never drop it. I'm also a purist, so I prefer to have almost non-existent protection (if any). However, I have a friend who is accident prone to say the least, and despite reports about the iphone4's lack of durability, I have seen her drop it about ten times now. She has a fairly thin case, but I stand there in shock every time as she picks it up nonchalantly and carries on with her business. I guess the glass is fine with the right bumper/case?

oh, and the new model's name sounds fitting enough!
    Last edited by chris_st; 08-22-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    08-22-2011 12:50 AM
    Yea they could.. but I agree with you and think it would better and simpler for apple if they just put on an aluminum back. Not to mention, it would be much nicer looking too
    I agree the 3gs looks very nice I like that style of aluminum back. Think it would look better than glass but thats just me.
    08-22-2011 02:15 PM
    I prefer the look of the glass... the metal back on my iPod is all scratched up just from setting it down and daily use. Perhaps if Apple went with a nice brushed aluminum finish like the iPad, it would be a nice middle point... but the glass back just looks nice and classy, IMHO.
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-22-2011 02:59 PM
161 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD