Ok, so I downloaded the new iOS beta 2, as well as the new iTunes 10.5 beta 2 to update my iPhone .. problem is, I forgot the back up my iPhone on the current iTunes 10.5 beta 1, and now I can't seem to back it up on 10.5 beta 2 before installing the new iOS beta 2.

I read that the only way to downgrade to the iTunes 10.5 beta 1 (in order to back up my iPhone) I must first trash the current iTunes that's installed so that it just installs 10.5 beta 1 like a new program. That's all cool and everything, but my main question is that I have thousands of songs on my iTunes, none of which are backed up on my hard drive anywhere, so if I trash iTunes and install 10.5 beta 1, will I lose all my music?
    06-26-2011 04:44 PM
    You're not deleting your entire iTunes directory, just the app.
    06-26-2011 08:02 PM
    I have thousands of songs on my iTunes, none of which are backed up on my hard drive anywhere

I'd start on a backup first.
    06-26-2011 08:55 PM
    For some reason I couldn't seem to install the first 10.5 =/ .. and I couldn't find it to redownload it from dev.apple.com anywhere, all they have available is the recent 10.5 beta 2 .. I tried to google search for a download, and all those links came up disabled. I guess I'll just have to install the new beta without a backup and lose whatever has been added to my iPhone since my last back up. Grr.
    06-26-2011 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD