After reading the RIM's sharholders conference meeting Thursday and the news that the Bold 9930 will NOT be released until late August has me seriously switching to iphone 4S or 5 IF? Sprint does get it in September. Anyone have thoughts? Or have(had) a BlackBerry and switched to an iphone? Also, anyone think Sprint will get the iphone4S in September? Any advice would be appriciated, thanks.
    06-19-2011 11:23 AM
    It's all rumors at this point, all we can do is wait and see. There have been many people that have switched from Blackberry to iPhone - you can find several threads about it here. (And one big one for previous BB users to say hi)

You're not the only one waiting, though. Several folks I know with Sprint are holding on to their BB because there is something about Android that they don't like, and it's their only alternative.
    06-19-2011 12:13 PM
    I use to be a hardcore BB user. I can't even touch one anymore. iPhones blow them away. We don't know is Sprint will be releasing it. Time will tell
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-19-2011 02:16 PM
    Except for a few nitch uses BB are outclassed by iOS and Android.
    06-19-2011 02:39 PM
    The iPhone is absolutely light years ahead of BB! I have had several BB's in the past and have never once regretted switching to the iPhone! However, with the iPhone 5 being only a couple months away from release I would probably hang onto your current BB until then. Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 but it's already this close to release. As far as Sprint getting the iPhone that I can't comment on as I really don't know...
    06-20-2011 12:05 AM
    I'd have to say an emphatic maybe...
    06-20-2011 07:42 AM
    June 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Sources tell 9to5Mac that a version of the iPhone for Sprints network is currently in advanced testing. The physical design of this device is akin to the iPhone 4 of today, so this might be the iPhone 4S device with support for all carriers that we have been dreaming up and hearing whispers about. Apple is said to have ordered Sprint-compatible cell towers for use on their campus for testing in late 2010. Apple similarly tested the Verizon iPhone against Verizon cell towers on their campus months before the products release.

I've been seeing alot of web articles, of course just rumors, but Sprint getting the iphone 4S in September would be great. When asked about that possibility during the carriers most recent earnings call, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse suggested he was unable to comment on potential discussions with any suppliers. Last month I went to a Verizon store to try out the ipad2 and the iphone 4, and while I'm not a fan of a full touchscreen, I really was impressed and liked the iphone 4 and knew if I ever went to a full touchscreen, it'd be an iphone. And the rumors of Sprint getting a little better upgraded 4S w/iOS5 and better battery life, is really making me seriously switching to an iphone 4S.
    06-20-2011 05:25 PM
    The iPhone is absolutely light years ahead of BB! I have had several BB's in the past and have never once regretted switching to the iPhone! However, with the iPhone 5 being only a couple months away from release I would probably hang onto your current BB until then. Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 but it's already this close to release. As far as Sprint getting the iPhone that I can't comment on as I really don't know...
    I'm not wanting to leave Sprint, in fact my contract with them ended June 07th, so I could jump to any carrier right now if I wanted. I am staying with Sprint, and hoping they get the iphone4S, if not, I'll try the Bold 9930 and if I dont like it return within' 30 days and hope that T-Mobile has iphone4S (I'm not gonna spend over $120.00 with Verizon even if it's an iphone)
    06-20-2011 05:30 PM
    I haven't been too interested in the previous versions of the iPhone, but there's something about iOS 5 (namely notifications and iMessage) that appeal to the Berry user in me. It'll definitely be a tough call in September - Bold 9900 or iPhone 5...
    06-27-2011 12:10 AM
    I was the biggest berry fanboy in the world. Even had a iPhone 3G and returned to my blackberry after two days.

Fast forward I January 2011. Got me an iPhone 4 to try out. Won't ever go back to blackberry.
    06-27-2011 01:55 AM
    I switched from a Torch to an iPhone 4 just over a week ago and will not be going back no matter what. I was a devoted Rim customer but got sick and tired of being a tester for half baked phones and the PB was the last straw. I hope the new iPhone will be a 5 that way I can hand down my iPhone 4 to my wife and we can get rid of her Pearl 9100.
    06-28-2011 07:10 PM
    You cant see the difference without using an iPhone 4 for 1-2 weeks. Than you will understand people who are using iPhone instead of BlackBerry.
    06-28-2011 07:25 PM
    You cant see the difference without using an iPhone 4 for 1-2 weeks. Than you will understand people who are using iPhone instead of BlackBerry.
    Truer words were never spoken!!
    canguler87 likes this.
    06-28-2011 11:20 PM
    Took me a day to forget all about my 8 previous blackberries.
    06-29-2011 02:21 AM
    I agree, I was a bb evangelist for 8 years, I thought it was the best device ever and really liked alot of the short cuts in the bb OS.

I got an iPad and started to experiment with mobileMe mail and syncing everything(I was a BIS bb user no exchange or imap) so the iPad opened my eyes about the bs about no push email on iPhone etc.

When I saw the iPhone4 keynote I was SoLD....now I look at the 9700 and just shake my head asking how did I ever use this POS ?

Bbm and pinning was nice but the overall experience is 1000x better on the iPhone and I don't miss bbm or pinning at all.

I still have a few friends holding on to their bb because of their work but they admit they would jump ship in a minute if they could.

Best move I made and don't regret it!
    07-03-2011 12:13 AM
    Thanks to all ex-BB's for your info. I have a really good feeling that Sprint will be getting the CDMA iphone 5 in September, along with At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile. Just in the last few days web articles including one from WSJ believes Sprint will be getting the iphone 5 (which some have said will be a thinner ipad2 like design) Most rumors I've seen is Apple will annouce the iphone 5 late August and release it early Septemeber, Which would be great for me, if I know for sure Sprint get's the iphone 5, I'm getting it, if they don't , I guess it'll be BB 9930 (since I want to stay with Sprint and their unlimted data plan) cross fingers and hope by September 07th I'll be a proud owner of a Sprint iphone 5. Wish me luck
    07-06-2011 03:54 PM
    I've owned every iPhone since the 3G. I used to get jealous of some of the things that BB could do that iPhone couldn't. But with each and everyone update, I was less and less jealous. Being the smartphone geek that I am, I even switched for a friend's BB for a day. It was a less than enjoyable experience and I will never go back. I own a macbook, an appletv, and an iphone and have invested a lot in each. Some android phone's and features look enticing, but I will probably never switch. Especially if apple keeps releasing gold.
    07-06-2011 04:17 PM
    Thanks to all ex-BB's for your info. I have a really good feeling that Sprint will be getting the CDMA iphone 5 in September, along with At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile. Just in the last few days web articles including one from WSJ believes Sprint will be getting the iphone 5 (which some have said will be a thinner ipad2 like design) Most rumors I've seen is Apple will annouce the iphone 5 late August and release it early Septemeber, Which would be great for me, if I know for sure Sprint get's the iphone 5, I'm getting it, if they don't , I guess it'll be BB 9930 (since I want to stay with Sprint and their unlimted data plan) cross fingers and hope by September 07th I'll be a proud owner of a Sprint iphone 5. Wish me luck
    You sure put a lot of faith in rumors...and good feelings, lol.
    07-06-2011 05:35 PM
    short answer yes, long answer hell yes. bb is so played and old.
    07-06-2011 10:06 PM
    You sure put a lot of faith in rumors...and good feelings, lol.
    Hey, I've got a BB Curve 8330 and I could have upgraded last June if I wanted too, but RIM seems to not give a rat's A** about putting out the best product they can, just rehash upgrades on the same old device's. I'm on a budget, so getting an iphone 4 from Verizon for $120.00 as opposed to keeping my Curve 8330 at Sprint for $69.99 isn't an option, but so many rumors by some very credible sources like WSJ and others who have almost confirmed Sprint getting the iphone 5 along with At&t and Verizon and T-Mobile in September does have me hoping having faith in rumors. If not, I'll just grit my teeth and get a BB Bold 9930 and hope by 2013 Sprint will have an iphone by then, but my gut feeling is Sprint will have the iphone 5 along with the other 3 carriers in September. by the way, your avitar is kewl..love Futurama
    07-07-2011 11:49 AM
    Hey, I've got a BB Curve 8330 and I could have upgraded last June if I wanted too, but RIM seems to not give a rat's A** about putting out the best product they can, just rehash upgrades on the same old device's. I'm on a budget, so getting an iphone 4 from Verizon for $120.00 as opposed to keeping my Curve 8330 at Sprint for $69.99 isn't an option, but so many rumors by some very credible sources like WSJ and others who have almost confirmed Sprint getting the iphone 5 along with At&t and Verizon and T-Mobile in September does have me hoping having faith in rumors. If not, I'll just grit my teeth and get a BB Bold 9930 and hope by 2013 Sprint will have an iphone by then, but my gut feeling is Sprint will have the iphone 5 along with the other 3 carriers in September. by the way, your avitar is kewl..love Futurama
    Just as long as you understand it's purely a rumor...WSJ was one of the first to report Tmobile getting the iPhone 4 last fall, and you see how that went.
    07-07-2011 12:24 PM
    Just as long as you understand it's purely a rumor...WSJ was one of the first to report Tmobile getting the iPhone 4 last fall, and you see how that went.
    And they also previously stated the iPhone would available on Verizon in Feb 2010. Well they were a year late
    07-07-2011 12:30 PM
    And they also previously stated the iPhone would available on Verizon in Feb 2010. Well they were a year late
    actually they were a year early.
    07-07-2011 03:19 PM
    Totally understand nothing is a fact until Apple or Sprint makes an announcement of iphone 5 coming to Sprint...I would think that iphone 5 being on Sprint also would push Apple over the Android platform easily, being on all four major US carriers and the fact has of now, Sprint's unlimited data plan would woo over some Verizon customers to take advantage of that. I'm sure many Sprint customers who's contracts are about to expire would gladly resign with Sprint if they knew that the iphone 5 was going to be availiable. again, Sprint may lose a little more in subsidies carrying the iphone 5, but they will get more subscribers for 2yrs contracts if they have the iphone 5 availiable.
    07-07-2011 04:07 PM
    Totally understand nothing is a fact until Apple or Sprint makes an announcement of iphone 5 coming to Sprint...I would think that iphone 5 being on Sprint also would push Apple over the Android platform easily, being on all four major US carriers and the fact has of now, Sprint's unlimited data plan would woo over some Verizon customers to take advantage of that. I'm sure many Sprint customers who's contracts are about to expire would gladly resign with Sprint if they knew that the iphone 5 was going to be availiable. again, Sprint may lose a little more in subsidies carrying the iphone 5, but they will get more subscribers for 2yrs contracts if they have the iphone 5 availiable.
    It wouldn't push the iPhone over the android platform because the android OS is offered on so many different handsets across the ENTIRE cellular provider board (world wide, not just the big ones here in the states)...iPhone will never capture that title because the android OS is slapped on literally ANYTHING they can get their hands on to put it on...

Also, Sprint's network is hardly ready for such an influx in traffic as the iPhone would bring to it, they are simply not prepared for it, and while that doesn't me they would never be ready for that kind of usage increase, i'd be willing to put money on the fact that if they did release the iPhone on Sprint, the service rating would probably be the lowest of all the carriers at that point that carried the iPhone.

Finally, i doubt that many people would switch to Sprint for a Sprint powered iPhone, because we all know that once this data juggernaut hits a network, their unlimited plans go the way of the dinosaur...combine that with the fact that Sprint has never really been widely known as a top rate carrier and you have a formula that would make existing Sprint users happy, but over all, wouldn't make that huge of an impact honestly.

Apple's real gem right now is Tmobile...THAT will make a tidal wave.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 07-07-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    07-07-2011 05:17 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD