Should I switch my BlackBerry to iphone 5 if Sprint gets it in September?

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
After reading the RIM's sharholders conference meeting Thursday and the news that the Bold 9930 will NOT be released until late August has me seriously switching to iphone 4S or 5 IF? Sprint does get it in September. Anyone have thoughts? Or have(had) a BlackBerry and switched to an iphone? Also, anyone think Sprint will get the iphone4S in September? Any advice would be appriciated, thanks.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It's all rumors at this point, all we can do is wait and see. There have been many people that have switched from Blackberry to iPhone - you can find several threads about it here. (And one big one for previous BB users to say hi)

You're not the only one waiting, though. Several folks I know with Sprint are holding on to their BB because there is something about Android that they don't like, and it's their only alternative.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use to be a hardcore BB user. I can't even touch one anymore. iPhones blow them away. We don't know is Sprint will be releasing it. Time will tell

Reactions: leftypepper716

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is absolutely light years ahead of BB! I have had several BB's in the past and have never once regretted switching to the iPhone! However, with the iPhone 5 being only a couple months away from release I would probably hang onto your current BB until then. Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 but it's already this close to release. As far as Sprint getting the iPhone that I can't comment on as I really don't know...

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
June 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Sources tell 9to5Mac that a version of the iPhone for Sprint?s network is currently in advanced testing. The physical design of this device is akin to the iPhone 4 of today, so this might be the iPhone 4S device with support for all carriers that we have been dreaming up and hearing whispers about. Apple is said to have ordered Sprint-compatible cell towers for use on their campus ? for testing ? in late 2010. Apple similarly tested the Verizon iPhone against Verizon cell towers on their campus months before the product?s release.

I've been seeing alot of web articles, of course just rumors, but Sprint getting the iphone 4S in September would be great. When asked about that possibility during the carrier?s most recent earnings call, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse suggested he was unable to comment on ?potential discussions? with any suppliers. Last month I went to a Verizon store to try out the ipad2 and the iphone 4, and while I'm not a fan of a full touchscreen, I really was impressed and liked the iphone 4 and knew if I ever went to a full touchscreen, it'd be an iphone. And the rumors of Sprint getting a little better upgraded 4S w/iOS5 and better battery life, is really making me seriously switching to an iphone 4S.

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is absolutely light years ahead of BB! I have had several BB's in the past and have never once regretted switching to the iPhone! However, with the iPhone 5 being only a couple months away from release I would probably hang onto your current BB until then. Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 but it's already this close to release. As far as Sprint getting the iPhone that I can't comment on as I really don't know...

I'm not wanting to leave Sprint, in fact my contract with them ended June 07th, so I could jump to any carrier right now if I wanted. I am staying with Sprint, and hoping they get the iphone4S, if not, I'll try the Bold 9930 and if I dont like it return within' 30 days and hope that T-Mobile has iphone4S (I'm not gonna spend over $120.00 with Verizon even if it's an iphone) :)

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been too interested in the previous versions of the iPhone, but there's something about iOS 5 (namely notifications and iMessage) that appeal to the Berry user in me. It'll definitely be a tough call in September - Bold 9900 or iPhone 5...

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was the biggest berry fanboy in the world. Even had a iPhone 3G and returned to my blackberry after two days.

Fast forward I January 2011. Got me an iPhone 4 to try out. Won't ever go back to blackberry.

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Torch to an iPhone 4 just over a week ago and will not be going back no matter what. I was a devoted Rim customer but got sick and tired of being a tester for half baked phones and the PB was the last straw. I hope the new iPhone will be a 5 that way I can hand down my iPhone 4 to my wife and we can get rid of her Pearl 9100.

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I was a bb evangelist for 8 years, I thought it was the best device ever and really liked alot of the short cuts in the bb OS.

I got an iPad and started to experiment with mobileMe mail and syncing everything(I was a BIS bb user no exchange or imap) so the iPad opened my eyes about the bs about no push email on iPhone etc.

When I saw the iPhone4 keynote I was SoLD....now I look at the 9700 and just shake my head asking how did I ever use this POS ?

Bbm and pinning was nice but the overall experience is 1000x better on the iPhone and I don't miss bbm or pinning at all.

I still have a few friends holding on to their bb because of their work but they admit they would jump ship in a minute if they could.

Best move I made and don't regret it!

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks to all ex-BB's for your info. I have a really good feeling that Sprint will be getting the CDMA iphone 5 in September, along with At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile. Just in the last few days web articles including one from WSJ believes Sprint will be getting the iphone 5 (which some have said will be a thinner ipad2 like design) Most rumors I've seen is Apple will annouce the iphone 5 late August and release it early Septemeber, Which would be great for me, if I know for sure Sprint get's the iphone 5, I'm getting it, if they don't , I guess it'll be BB 9930 (since I want to stay with Sprint and their unlimted data plan) cross fingers and hope by September 07th I'll be a proud owner of a Sprint iphone 5. Wish me luck :)

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I've owned every iPhone since the 3G. I used to get jealous of some of the things that BB could do that iPhone couldn't. But with each and everyone update, I was less and less jealous. Being the smartphone geek that I am, I even switched for a friend's BB for a day. It was a less than enjoyable experience and I will never go back. I own a macbook, an appletv, and an iphone and have invested a lot in each. Some android phone's and features look enticing, but I will probably never switch. Especially if apple keeps releasing gold.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all ex-BB's for your info. I have a really good feeling that Sprint will be getting the CDMA iphone 5 in September, along with At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile. Just in the last few days web articles including one from WSJ believes Sprint will be getting the iphone 5 (which some have said will be a thinner ipad2 like design) Most rumors I've seen is Apple will annouce the iphone 5 late August and release it early Septemeber, Which would be great for me, if I know for sure Sprint get's the iphone 5, I'm getting it, if they don't , I guess it'll be BB 9930 (since I want to stay with Sprint and their unlimted data plan) cross fingers and hope by September 07th I'll be a proud owner of a Sprint iphone 5. Wish me luck :)

You sure put a lot of faith in rumors...and good feelings, lol.

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wing and a prayer baby

You sure put a lot of faith in rumors...and good feelings, lol.

Hey, I've got a BB Curve 8330 and I could have upgraded last June if I wanted too, but RIM seems to not give a rat's A** about putting out the best product they can, just rehash upgrades on the same old device's. I'm on a budget, so getting an iphone 4 from Verizon for $120.00 as opposed to keeping my Curve 8330 at Sprint for $69.99 isn't an option, but so many rumors by some very credible sources like WSJ and others who have almost confirmed Sprint getting the iphone 5 along with At&t and Verizon and T-Mobile in September does have me hoping having faith in rumors. If not, I'll just grit my teeth and get a BB Bold 9930 and hope by 2013 Sprint will have an iphone by then, but my gut feeling is Sprint will have the iphone 5 along with the other 3 carriers in September. by the way, your avitar is kewl..love Futurama

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox