Running ios 5 on my iPhone 4 and very happy with it, not a developer but got my UDID registered, does anyone know how apple handles ios beta updates??..is it the standard connect to itunes and wait for the upgrade window??...or it has to be done in the developer's account at apple.com, I just want to have an idea about what to expect for beta 2.

Thaks guys.
    06-17-2011 12:51 PM
    it should be ota, since thats one of the big new features of ios 5
    06-17-2011 01:06 PM
    it should be ota, since thats one of the big new features of ios 5
    I hope so, but I've heard they wont probably do it until a few more betas, anyone knows how Apple did that in previous ios versions ??
    06-17-2011 01:14 PM
    I'm guessing it will be a dev only thing where they have an area they log into and can download the ipsw. I'm just guessing but I don't think they would do it OTA until it's official.
    06-17-2011 01:32 PM
    Running ios 5 on my iPhone 4 and very happy with it, not a developer but got my UDID registered, does anyone know how apple handles ios beta updates??..is it the standard connect to itunes and wait for the upgrade window??...or it has to be done in the developer's account at apple.com, I just want to have an idea about what to expect for beta 2.

Thaks guys.
    It wont prompt a update in itunes. In the past, you had to do the restore thing with you downloading the software seperately. Hopefully OTA this time but dont know
    06-17-2011 04:21 PM
    It wont prompt a update in itunes. In the past, you had to do the restore thing with you downloading the software seperately. Hopefully OTA this time but dont know
    Thanks for clearing that up....
    06-17-2011 04:45 PM
    I am wondering if they are going to be testing delta updates for the future betas. Who knows.
    06-17-2011 05:29 PM
    I am wondering if they are going to be testing delta updates for the future betas. Who knows.
    That would be cool but would you feel like maybe you didn't get something? I just feel good when I get the full OS.
    06-17-2011 05:31 PM
    OTA would be nice, but my guess is Apple is going to want devs to login to get the update.
    06-17-2011 06:25 PM
    OTA would be nice, but my guess is Apple is going to want devs to login to get the update.
    Woah! we got Rene into this thread! That doesn't happen often lol, but I am hoping for an OTA update since I had a developer add my UDID lol
    06-19-2011 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD