ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Who here has their email attached to their exchange server?

If so, in iOS 4 I had the global address book available in my contacts. I type in a user's name while composing an email, say Lisa, and it looks up all the names that match. This version doesn't, at least not yet.

ALLOW ME TO HAVE NO LIMITS ON EMAIL STORAGE! 1 month isn't enough.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
By gum, you're right. I rarely use my work/Exchange account so I never noticed that, but that Group is gone completely.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's very handy for me. I am assuming this a feature they are perhaps trying to work out the kinks on. My pet theory is that they aren't sure how to make it work with iCloud. Some users will perhaps unknowingly tell their iOS device to sync everything with iCloud and a GAL can be rather large depending on company size. Plus they don't want to interfere with some companies that are more strict with their email policies. Same theory applies to the unlimited email option.

Surely this a feature they aren't going to remove (crossing fingers). I am sure many professionals rely on this. I am aware that this is beta 1 and fortunately our naming convention is easy enough where I can type it in manually.

In the meantime, expect a rematch soon Alli. You're damn good.

Last edited:

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Who here has their email attached to their exchange server?

If so, in iOS 4 I had the global address book available in my contacts. I type in a user's name while composing an email, say Lisa, and it looks up all the names that match. This version doesn't, at least not yet.

ALLOW ME TO HAVE NO LIMITS ON EMAIL STORAGE! 1 month isn't enough.

I may be doing it differently or not understanding the issue however I have both Exchange and Gmail accounts on mine and don't have any issues. I start to compose a new email and enter "C" and it pulls all names with C in them from both my Exchange and Gmail address books.

Alternatively I click the + on the To: line then work my way up the navigation using the Groups button on the top left and can choose the address books individually and see "All Contacts" and either the "Exchange Global Address List" or "All Exchange".

If you go into Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the settings what do you show as the default account for Contacts?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice