Guess the next generation iPhone release date

When will the iPhone 5 be released?

• Total voters

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would guess around September. I don't think they would want to get the release to close to the holidays as they have enough trouble with supply during launch as it is.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
maybe a better question would be.. will it be released by AT&T and VZW at the same time??

I would think that they would want to consolidate the GSM and CDMA version into one device to lower manufacturing costs. This hopefully would mean a simultaneous release date as well.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The later, the better.

Apple has a really difficult set of choices. 5av, 5a, 5v, 5a and v. Is there going to be a converged 5 or one for GSM and one for CDMA. It seems unlikely that the carriers will converge on LTE within the 4G time-frame.

The earlier the 5, the less chance that it will support 4G and the less justification for anyone to buy it.

It seems unlikely that AT&T, or even Verizon, will have any significant 4G coverage in 2011. Again, the later, the more likely anything is to work. Apple leads on design but is usually conservative on technology outside their control.

Hopefully Apple will pull a rabbit out of a hat, a solution to this that is creative and surprising. However, it is not an easy problem.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with September. Maybe release it AND the next iPods?

Kind of makes sense if the new MobileMe is supposed to be a music locker... Though if the announce both at the same time, that would be one LONG keynote.

I'm really hoping for June, so it'd reach Australia by July, so then I can pick up a factory unlocked one during my vacation! :D

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly dont see myself getting rid of my 4 anytime soon what else could you want your phone to do that the 4 doesnt already do? Maybe a bit better battery life would be a nice touch but as far as processing power or camera or anything else the 4 just works perfect for everything I need out of a smartphone. Im happy with what I got in my 4!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going with late June until confirmed, anything else is just a RUMOR.

The only reason I could see it delayed a few months is because of the very real probability that Apple needs to find other places to build some of the components due to the very real fact that large parts of Japan are being irradiated daily by the ongoing nuclear catastrophe that the media got bored of.

Apple likely wouldn't put out a 4G capable phone until 2012, and it would only work for Verizon in the US since AT$T can't even get 3G to work in most places, anyone that thinks AT$T will have 4G before like 2018 or so is fooling themselves.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe people think it will be September or even after november!? Apple I think would be digging themselves a grave if they went later then July and even august is pushing it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73