View Poll Results: When will the iPhone 5 be released?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • June/July

42 35.59%
  • August

7 5.93%
  • September

33 27.97%
  • October

22 18.64%
  • November or later...

14 11.86%
    I'm guessing mid July. Doesn't matter to me as I'll probably stick with my iP4 anyway though.
    04-08-2011 02:43 PM
    That's MY problem, Jerrry.. I don't have one at all yet and can't make a decision..Damm.
    Just go for it. Remember, the contract is the expensive part.
    04-08-2011 05:02 PM
    they are just trying not to have the same thing that happened last year
    04-08-2011 06:09 PM
    I'm more concerned of how soon iOS 5 will be out than hardware.
    04-08-2011 06:13 PM
    I think it is a rumor, just a rumor and it will be out in July. They will give devs a month from the iOS event and we will also see the iPhone 5 at the event. Stupid rumors.
    04-08-2011 06:15 PM
    I suppose if it doesn't happen that might make sense... It is a developers conference after all. I guess only announcing/previewing software makes sense. So I am hoping for by September/October (and not just because that's when I can upgrade )
    04-08-2011 08:49 PM
    they are just trying not to have the same thing that happened last year
    Do not understand. Can you be more specific?
    04-08-2011 11:52 PM
    I can only assume what he is referring to is the leak, in which the Gizmodo editor got his hands on the iP4 before the announcement. Maybe Apple is trying to downplay a June/July launch to prevent a frenzy of people trying to do anything to get a peek? Who knows, I'm just guessing on what his post could of meant..
    04-09-2011 12:10 AM
    I think that author is referring to that blog that had accidently gotten a test iphone 4 and released pics and stuff about it (cant remember the name, I'm thinking engadget but I think I'm wrong)
    04-09-2011 12:28 AM
    I say Apple sticks to its regular schedule (june)... It's just that employees can no longer hit the Cupertino bars.
    04-09-2011 01:54 AM
    I'm gonna go with the good old guess: June.
    04-09-2011 05:37 AM
    Last week in June.
    04-09-2011 09:07 AM
    June 24, 2012
    04-09-2011 09:47 AM
    I can see it in june/july
    04-09-2011 10:27 AM
    Here in Canada I'm calling July 4th
    04-09-2011 12:40 PM
    Im calling the last week of june and first week of july lol
    04-09-2011 12:43 PM
    Apple is in a precarious situation right now. Many people are coming off a two-year iPhone 3 GS contract and are in position to either purchase a year-old iPhone 4, or jump over to android. As much as everyone is touting the 4's greatnesss, the simple truth is when the average user walks into a Verizon or AT&T store, they are looking for the "best or newest phone - not something a year old. Even the sales staff (at least at Verizon) push people towards Android. Apple will need to release something this summer or risk losing customers.
    04-10-2011 10:05 AM
    Apple is in a precarious situation right now. Many people are coming off a two-year iPhone 3 GS contract and are in position to either purchase a year-old iPhone 4, or jump over to android. As much as everyone is touting the 4's greatnesss, the simple truth is when the average user walks into a Verizon or AT&T store, they are looking for the "best or newest phone - not something a year old. Even the sales staff (at least at Verizon) push people towards Android. Apple will need to release something this summer or risk losing customers.
    Perhaps.

However, I would argue that many iPhone customers are phone owners because of the iPhone. If the iPhone had never been, they would still not have a phone. It is far easier for me to visualize a PC user buying a Mac than the other way around. To me the time to buy a new phone has far more to do with when Apple announces one than it does with when my contract with AT&T ends.
    04-10-2011 10:25 AM
    I hope the next iPhone finally gets a 4 inch screen! 960x640 will still be amazing at the size. I just need a bigger screen! Sometimes I really do have a hard time reading on the screen and it would nice to have a bigger screen when writing. If the next iPhone doesn't have a bigger screen, I'll go to a ATT Nexus S.
    04-10-2011 10:40 AM
    I can't say I agree with you 100%. I do think what you say is mostly true, but there are many other factors too. The thing is, the iPhone 4 may be a year old, but it's arguably the best phone on the market for a lot of people. When I got it on Verizon, I could have had any android phone, some of which have "better specs" (regardless of performance), but I wanted a phone that just WORKS. I wanted the Apple experience. I wanted a phone that would sync with my computer easily and completely. I wanted the Retina display. For me, the iPhone is the best phone on the market (especially from what I hear about the current Android frontrunners). And short of the Thuderbolt, it's the newest phone to come to Verizon, even though it's a year old. The phone just DOESN'T act like it's a year old phone. There are a lot of factors playing into what phone a person chooses, and I think a late summer/early fall release won't be that big of a deal.
    04-10-2011 11:58 AM
    My God, is three months REALLY that long to wait? I mean, I understand how long one quarter is in the tech world trust me. However is the biannual upgrade going to burn a whole in people's pocket so bad they say "kcuf Apple, if they won't deliver the same time they have in the past I'm going to Android/Blackberry!" I really think not.
    04-10-2011 09:38 PM
    July 21st I guess.
    04-10-2011 09:40 PM
    wtf are these last 3 or 4 texts for???

@ontopic: i read on etnews that a release in end of june is possible
    04-11-2011 04:22 AM
    I think the rumors about a later release were pushed out by apple in an attempt to get more sales when they release it in june/july like normal.

Would be a brilliant marketing strategy though
    I think you are right here. This must be a marketing strategy only.
    04-11-2011 04:50 AM
    Yeah, I also think they will launch it between mid and end of the summer.
    04-11-2011 05:43 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD