iPhone 4s or New iPad?

hahab

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore,

I am new to this forum and found that i can get alot of helps from here about Apple stuff. I am not really sure where to put this thread in, so i put on both,

So, I am now stuck in between iPhone 4s and New iPad. I have just enough money to get either 16GB iPad or a used iPhone 16 GB 4s (already spot one with no contract in a good condition). I am a college student and do have a MBP 13" still working great. I'm still working out which option would be the best for me. I do have a blackberry and had enough with it.

With either one of these device,I would liten to music, watch music videos, light games, photo taking, social-networking, web browsing etc. I've heard some people lately have turned to iPad for taking notes, but for me personally, I would stick with pen and papers, and probably going to scan them with some of the apps available.

So, I am still questioning myslef, which one of these iDevices worth my money??

I know some of you do own both, and which do you prefer the most??

Any response would really help me out.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
get the iPhone.... then a iPad later. Get rid of that Blackberry! I did the same when the iPhone 4 released and haven't looked back since.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, I would definitely shoot for the iPhone first. You already have a MacBook Pro which can hold your interest till you save up more money for an iPad, and you currently have a phone you are fed up with. I say go for the phone first. Phones are more essential than tablets... Might as well have one you truly like/love.

Not having a MacBook of any sort, I shot for my 4S/New iPad combo. But, honestly, if I already had a MacBook, I very likely would've waited a little longer to get an iPad.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I would get the iPhone 4s - hands down a no brainer imho. :cool:

It's better for pics, mobile music and just more portable. The iPads are nice to have but I consider my iPhone essential. Really the thing you mention that the iPad is going to be appreciably better at is web browsing and videos (larger screen). You can always fire up your MBP when a bigger screen is warranted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Under the conditions you've stated, the iPhone will probably be your best bet and since you already have a MacBook Pro, the iPhone will be a smaller version of the iPad with calling capabilities so go for it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

hahab

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply!!! :D

Yes, i think i'd go with the iPhone 4s :)

How about reading in iPhone? pleasurable? planning to use kindle or ibooks to read too! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

How about reading in iPhone? pleasurable? planning to use kindle or ibooks to read too! :)

You're very welcome. In regard to reading via the iPhone, it is simple & quite pleasant, but not as pleasant as a dedicated e-ink reader, in my opinion. Also, the longer you have your backlight on, the more battery life you'll consume. Still, if you already have a Kindle or Nook then simply download the Kindle or Nook reader app and begin reading the e-books you've already purchased for it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I say iPhone 4S as well. I was in the same boat as you by having a MacBook Pro 13"... What made my decision easier was that I already had a tablet... The PlayBook...

I have long been a MacBook user but passed up on the iOS devices for Blackberry's. That has now changed and I've fallen head over heals for iOS (except for the email experience which is archaic to say the least) and have since ordered The New iPad which I'm expecting next week.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Plus One For iPhone

Since I also own a MBP I agree that the phone appears to be the more critical need for you..iPad can wait a little longer.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a MacBook Pro, HTC Titan, iPod Touch, and HTC Flyer. I would definitely say get the iPhone first. I have had BlackBerry up to OS 6, and they frankly are rubbish. I would recommend the windows phone personally but I don't know if you have a Windows pc, so just stick to iPhone. I personally hhave Windows on a pc so I'm fine.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have both, but in reality my 4S is more useful for obvious reasons. As stated earlier, I would go 4S first, iPad second.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Well for reading the iPad is definitely more pleasurable. It is one of the things it does best. For me reading on my phone is not something I do a lot so it doesn't enter into my previous recommendation.

If I were you I'd still get the iPhone first and save up for the iPad. Personally I'd pass on the kindle.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro