after restoring my iphone there is still 4 gb of other data

omar sadeddin

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
hello, i had a jailbroken ios 9.3 iphone 6 16gb and i wanted to update to ios 10.3 due to no storage left to do anything, so I restored my iphone through itunes and after i did there was still 4gb of other data, that wasnt removed, i restored my iphone again to make sure, but no change, i even tried wiping all data through settings, same results... and as you know there is no jailbreak yet for ios 10.3 so i cant access root, what can I do? please help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you said you "restored" your phone via iTunes, did you simply upgrade to iOS 10.3 or did you put your device in DFU mode and then chose "restore and update" via iTunes without restoring from a backup? If you did the latter, you shouldn't be seeing any "other data". Having said that, other data *could* be items preparing to sync to the device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[WARN] Please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the U.S., this weekend is a major one (Easter), and many of our members are spending time with loved ones. Any duplicate threads you create will be deleted so again, please be patient. Thank you. [/WARN]

omar sadeddin

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
i did put my device on dfu mode and chosed restore and update via itunes, and afterwards i set it as a new iphone, i didnt restore any back up.

omar sadeddin

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
[WARN] Please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the U.S., this weekend is a major one (Easter), and many of our members are spending time with loved ones. Any duplicate threads you create will be deleted so again, please be patient. Thank you. [/WARN]

sorry about that, i tried to delete this post so i can post i the iphone 6 category but couldnt.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i did put my device on dfu mode and chosed restore and update via itunes, and afterwards i set it as a new iphone, i didnt restore any back up.

Okay. Are you still connected to iTunes or have you disconnected from it? If the latter, go to Settings → General → Software Update and then allow the device to check for an update. It shouldn't find any since you've updated via iTunes. Anyway, afterwards, reboot your is phone. If you're logged into iCloud as well as iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive, connect to Wi-Fi to allow those items to finish syncing, if applicable. Oh, do you have any email attachments saved on the device? That too, falls under "other data".

omar sadeddin

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Okay. Are you still connected to iTunes or have you disconnected from it? If the latter, go to Settings → General → Software Update and then allow the device to check for an update. It shouldn't find any since you've updated via iTunes. Anyway, afterwards, reboot your is phone. If you're logged into iCloud as well as iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive, connect to Wi-Fi to allow those items to finish syncing, if applicable. Oh, do you have any email attachments saved on the device? That too, falls under "other data".

ok thank you i'll check and see what happens

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR