I got an iPhone 4 for Christmas and was stoked, nothing happened for awhile. A couple days later, I accidentally dropped the phone onto the pavement from about three-four feet up. You all know that horrified look you have when you think your phone is broken. It wasn't (luckily), but it did have a tiny chip in the top left? corner. After a couple weeks, (Febuary) the battery cord stops working. I buy a new cord and charger, that doesn't work either. The only thing I notice about it, is the cord when connected, is slanted in the iphone. I don't know why it is, but I have to assume that's why my iPhone won't charge. I am hoping this is some easy fix. Or that, this phone still has a warranty to it. (It's been 3 months, so I will assume it still does). If not, I lost an iPhone for no reason? Please, if ya could help, I would much appreciate it!
    04-07-2016 05:28 AM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore!

I am going to guess that the drop may have caused the connection of the charging port or battery to have come lose, but with time has now totally disconnected itself. My suggestion would be to have someone look at it and can see if it can be repaired. Since you say the charging port no longer lines up properly, I would have it looked at first.
    Welcome to iMore!

I am going to guess that the drop may have caused the connection of the charging port or battery to have come lose, but with time has now totally disconnected itself. My suggestion would be to have someone look at it and can see if it can be repaired. Since you say the charging port no longer lines up properly, I would have it looked at first.
    04-08-2016 02:15 AM