Alarm Fail -- Rarely but inexplicably. How can I fix it?

I

iMore Question

Alarm Fail -- Rarely but inexplicably

Still using iPhone 4. 98% of the time the native alarm function works just fine.

Using native alarm.
Phone is on silent mode, but, as I said, the alarm works 98% of the time.
2% of the time I wake up, late and horrified, and find a pop-up notification regarding the alarm that still needs to be turned off. An alarm that is silent in spite of no settings being changed on the phone.

My solution has been to keep a back-up alarm clock across the room, but it would be nice to know what it is that renders the alarm mute on rare occasions. Is it possibly another app interrupting? Phone calls at the same time as the alarm? I can't seem to find such a connection and it's apparently a common enough problem that it comes up in casual conversation with others.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Alarm Fail -- Rarely but inexplicably

Welcome to iMore! I haven't had any issues like that with my alarm on my 6s Plus. Have you tried deleting the alarm, then setting it back up? Also, set a second alarm for 10 minutes after the first. See how that works. Could you just not be hearing those alarms? If you say no, how would you know that?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Alarm Fail -- Rarely but inexplicably

When you say your phone is on silent mode I'm assuming you mean DND not the mute switch?

It shouldn't matter but getting the issue solved requires the correct information

The only thing I can think of is your device was stuck on headphone mode because if you had the notification the sound should have been Audible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro