How can I reset my password on my iPhone 4 if I have forgotten it?

I

iMore Question

I own an I phone 4 and i have forgotten the password.

I asked a friend for help and he told me to I tunes on my laptop and i did, then i connected the phone to my laptop via the cable and a box wit option of connecting my phone to i tunes comes up, and i click allow in the box on the computer screen. Then it tells me to allow it on my phone, but i cant, and i think its because my phone is locked, but does anyone know what i can allow it without unlocking my pone ? I have also tried to enter a password i thought i remembered loads of times and now my phone is disabled for 60 minutes the second time in a row, does anyone know how i can change the password on my phone so i can use it again, i really don't mind loosing all the stuff that is on it, but if anyone does know how i could possibly sort this, i would very much appreciate it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: I own an I phone 4 and i have forgotten the password.

When hooking a phone up to iTunes it will want to be unlocked with your usual passcode before doing certain functions. It would be the one you always use with it.

In any event since it is locked you will need to restore it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I own an I phone 4 and i have forgotten the password.

If your iPhone 4 is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock, no one will be able to help you. You will have to recall the passcode.

sue1987

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ive forgotten my icloud password what can i do ,how save is my iphone it use to belong to my daughter now she has moved to usa and cant remember the password

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal