Hi

I bought a broken O2 locked iphone 4 and fixed it

Now hell starts to unlocks these phones.

Ebay has sellers unlocking apple devices but they are not able to reply to my question.

Once unlocked by them does any carriers sim card work, or does it has to be a carrier from the same country (UK in this case)
    07-15-2015 03:45 AM
  2. ritesh said: Best Answer

Hi

Ebay has sellers unlocking apple devices but they are not able to reply to my question.

Once unlocked by them does any carriers sim card work, or does it has to be a carrier from the same country (UK in this case)
    O2 sim will work even without unlocking while others will work after a successful unlock, provided the IMEI isn't hotlisted as a stolen phone.
    Try a O2 Prepaid sim to check if the phone can catch the network, then proceed with unlocking.

P.S. After re-reading, I believe you are not in the UK. Yes, post unlocking successfully, any country's sim will work.
    Hi

O2 sim will work even without unlocking while others will work after a successful unlock, provided the IMEI isn't hotlisted as a stolen phone.
    Try a O2 Prepaid sim to check if the phone can catch the network, then proceed with unlocking.

P.S. After re-reading, I believe you are not in the UK. Yes, post unlocking successfully, any country's sim will work.
    07-15-2015 04:05 AM