I can access my events for May - but events for March and earlier months are missing. Where could they be?

I

iMore Question

I can access my events for May - but events for March and earlier months are missing.

A few months ago, I upgraded from an iphone4 to an iphone6 (actually, I leased an iphone6 from Sprint). I migrated all info from my iphone 4 to my iphone6. Apparently, with success. I like to record various events on my calendar - the default app which is supplied by Apple. For example, the rainguage readings when I empty my rain guage. And the hour readings on the odometer of my mower when I finish mowing. A few days ago, all information (events) on my iphone6 calendar for March, and earlier, have vanished. I have not been successful to repopulate the calendar with these events. I assume the information is available in backups (for example, I backup my iphone to The Cloud). However, I do not know how to retrieve the information from the backup(s). Also, I paid $2.99 for Calvetica, with the assumption that the Calvetica would access the backup in the Cloud, and download the information which is missing on my iphone calendar. I am disappointed. The Calvetica app has exactly the same missing information as the Apple iphone6 calendar app. I don't know how to command the Calvetica to recover the missing information from the backup (i-cloud?) files. Thank you in advance for your help with instructions for recovery of the missing information for my iphone calendar (either one - either the Apple default app - or the Calvetica calendar app).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can access my events for May - but events for March and earlier months are missing.

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar,s and then scroll down to the Calendars section and select "Sync". Change the setting to "All Events".

rahinton2

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can access my events for May - but events for March and earlier months are missing.

Thanks for the instructions. I had no idea that these SETTINGS options were available for the Calendar App. I have always relied upon the default settings - those have been satisfactory until a few days ago. What did I do? Download an OS update inserted a new set of default parameters for the calendar app? Why can't the Apple people put a shortcut to the settings options, somewhere within the App itself !? I am more than a little bit peeved about the wasted time, energy, and resources on this 'lack of understanding' !?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the instructions. I had no idea that these SETTINGS options were available for the Calendar App. I have always relied upon the default settings - those have been satisfactory until a few days ago. What did I do? Download an OS update inserted a new set of default parameters for the calendar app? Why can't the Apple people put a shortcut to the settings options, somewhere within the App itself !? I am more than a little bit peeved about the wasted time, energy, and resources on this 'lack of understanding' !?

You're very welcome, and don't hesitate to send feedback directly Apple via the following link.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR