how to upgrade my iphone 4 (locked) ios 4.3.5 to ios ios 5 or 6 ??

Fahad Ahmad

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 which is gevey sim unlocked.. but recently its antenna malfunctioned and just wanna use it as an ipod

it has ios 4.3.5
BB 04.12.09

i want to upgrade it to atleast ios 5 or higher if possible cz most apps not compatible with ios 4 n i am kind of frustrated now.. i updated it to ios 7.1 but it did not go pass the sim activation screen n there is no method so far for 1os 7.1 ( except GPP sim )to bypass that without having that specific carrier sim so i downgraded again to 4.3.5 as i had saved shsh blobs for just 4.3.5

anyone knows if i can safely upgrade to some higher ios than ios 4 by any method ???

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 which is gevey sim unlocked.. but recently its antenna malfunctioned and just wanna use it as an ipod

it has ios 4.3.5
BB 04.12.09

i want to upgrade it to atleast ios 5 or higher if possible cz most apps not compatible with ios 4 n i am kind of frustrated now.. i updated it to ios 7.1 but it did not go pass the sim activation screen n there is no method so far for 1os 7.1 ( except GPP sim )to bypass that without having that specific carrier sim so i downgraded again to 4.3.5 as i had saved shsh blobs for just 4.3.5

anyone knows if i can safely upgrade to some higher ios than ios 4 by any method ???

I don't believe those options are available anymore but I could be wrong. Hopefully, someone will chime in soon with a better response.

BTW...Welcome to iMore!!!

dhack21

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You will only be able to restore to 7.1 as Apple has stopped signing any other version besides 7.1. If you had SHSH blobs saved for say iOS 6.1.3 you could use iFaith to build a custom ipsw. Otherwise 4.3.5 and 7.1 are your only options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arslanwarya

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
yes you can use ios 7.1. but as an ipod,,first of all install( java jre 32bit) on your PC ,,,i give you a link of video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cO2OMBXgI
follow this tutorial,in this video he is using putty but you need to use winSCP instead of putty,,because i tried WinScp and it worked , follow this to download WinsSCP https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxnbmVyZHMxfGd4OjM4NTk0YmRhNTgyY2YyMjA here you can find all three files Tinny Umbrella, WinSCP and SSH.jar
Regards
Arslan Waryah

Last edited:

arslanwarya

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
i also need your help,,tell me if you restore your iphone to ios 4.3.5 gevey bypass activation screen without orginal sim card???? which Gevey are you using?? gevey or gevey ultra???
Regards;
Arslan Waryah

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2