Which ipad is better

tech guy4

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to buy a used ipad late march used on amazon. Should I get the 2 or the many no reetnia screen? Is the big one hard to use when being held?
Thanks
Sorry if this has been talked about before and it is in the wrong place I am still new hear and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The iPad 2 is pretty old. This might be the last update it ever sees. I would get the iPad Air or the Retina Mini, but that's my choice. Pick one that best fits your needs.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
iPad air. It's more future proof. I upgraded from iPad 2 to the air and I love it. Performance, smaller form factor and retina.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If you have to choose between an iPad 2 or an iPad Mini I would choose the iPad Mini. The low screen resolution will look better on the Mini.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd choose the Mini, but why without the Retina screen? It's not that much more expensive and you can get the latest soft- and hardware from apple.
But I'd not take the iPad 2 because it's pretty old and Apple will not support them any longer.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd choose the Mini, but why without the Retina screen? It's not that much more expensive and you can get the latest soft- and hardware from apple.
But I'd not take the iPad 2 because it's pretty old and Apple will not support them any longer.

Though the iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display both run the same software. Some people can't even tell the difference between the mini with retina and the one without.

If you're on a budget go for the mini.

Sent from my gorgeous and beautiful 32 GB Gold iPhone 5S

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Though the iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display both run the same software. Some people can't even tell the difference between the mini with retina and the one without.

If you're on a budget go for the mini.

Sent from my gorgeous and beautiful 32 GB Gold iPhone 5S

I'd not agree with that ... they may run the same software, but the hardware isn't the same.
And the Retina display + the same specifics as the iPad Air are worth the money.
(The rMini is 5 times faster than the old mini and a hell of a device.)

But yeah, if the thread-starter doesn't care about that, he should choose the old mini.