iphone 4 not able to get internet nor app store!!!

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
just bought a used iphone 4 on CL....and believe it or not, I didnt meet the guy at an at&t store noer did I put my sim card in it to see if it was working (my sim card was the wrong size). anyways...he had his sim card in it and was showing me the back and forth texting while negotiating...etc...I get home and do a factory reset and now I cant go online, cant even access app store....besides the stop button being a little sluggish ( I have to press it hard for the main screen to come back) I dont know what is wrong...I THINK it had been jailbroken and when i di the reset something got screwed up. when i try to erase all content and settings it asks for my apple ID and after a minute or two a banner appears out saying "verification failed" the request timed out....:mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you connected to the internet? Do you have a data plan from your wireless carrier? Even if the device was jailbroken, it can be restored to the latest iOS version. Just ot be on the safe side, do the following:
1. Put the phone in DFU Mode[/COLOR]
2. Connect the device to your computer, and make sure it is connected to the internet
3. Initiate the computer's iTunes app
4. iTunes should detect the phone in recovery mode and prompt you to restore.
5. After the process has finished, select the language you prefer and then enter your Wi-Fi passcode, if applicable.
6. Setup the device AS NEW and NOT from a backup.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
yes i have internet and data plan....also when i go to rstore on itunes it says I have to turn off "find my phone" on iclouds on the phone.when i put my passwnow.....word for it it just stays thinking and a message reapperas to sign in again... now....i'm kinda new to this...i have been a blackberry guy for many years...so what exactly is DFU mode??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yes i have internet and data plan....also when i go to rstore on itunes it says I have to turn off "find my phone" on iclouds on the phone.when i put my passwnow.....word for it it just stays thinking and a message reapperas to sign in again... now....i'm kinda new to this...i have been a blackberry guy for many years...so what exactly is DFU mode??

Oh, I see. You bought an iPhone off of Craig's list that has the activation lock enabled. There's nothing we can do for you. The previous owner has to go online and remove the device from his account. Sorry.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
plus i have an ipod, and when i put in the wrong passwor on icloud it says "username or password is in correct" on the phone it just keeps asking me to put the password after a minute or two of it thinking

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73