iPhone 4 iOS 6.0 Frozen on Lock Screen! HELP

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I had mine iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0 firmware jailbroken for a long time without any problems, but yeterday I was playing with the built in maps app (should mention taht I tweeked it so it had fetures that were originaly avalible for iPhone 4s such as 3D buildings and instructions for driving) and then I switched ftom map to satelite mode the app sudenly froze home button didn't work, also sleep/wake didn't do anything only options was SOFT RESET sleep/wake+home. I did that iPhone rebooted, but when the lock screen appeared it was totaly froozen. The time was corect, battery also correct but it wouldn't move anywhere. It is stuck on keyboarad just starting to rise up for me to enter the pass.
Then I tried rebootinh thee same way for at least 10 times, still same. And every time it stays stuck it reboots it self after some 10 minutes. Then I trid putting in DFU and doinh JUST BOOT on redsn0w(0.9.13dev4). When it rebooted it was still same.

THIS IS MY FROZEN LOCK SCREEN
24122013523.jpg[

My last try would be a restore so if that's only thing that helps can I still restor it to iOS 6.0 using redsn0w ord itunes. I would use my restore IPSW 6.0 would it work? Because last thing I want is iOS7 on my iPhone 4(NO WAY!)

Other than restore do I have any other options left please HELP me because I love my iPhone 4(with iOS6), he is almost my best friend I don't wanna lose him :(

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR ADVICE YOU GIVE

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Well the only option you have is a restore. You messed with the system software and at this point you screwed it up so much you can't fix it without a restore. If you still have the shsh blobs for ios 6 you can use it. If not though, enjoy ios 7. That's going to be your only option. The number one rule of jailbreaking: don't mess with something overly system related or face the consequences

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe redsnow has an option. You just select the file and then add the shsh blobs into redsnow and it'll do the rest. I did it a while ago so the whole process is a little fuzzy

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It would reject the restore in iTunes. You need to use redsnow with the blobs. Without them, you don't have access for the restore. They're the signature that says apple gave you permission to load ios 6 on the phone

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I found the blobs, and I made custom IPSW when I stiched the blobs to iOS 6.0.1 IPSW. I tried restoring with redsn0w, with itunes,using that custom IPSW and there was always some error. I was fixing erroe one by one and there is always a new error. I even tried running tiny umbrella server and restoring with itunes, and then i tried using iReb and restoring, always error 1600. Curently I am stuck on error 1600. I can't fix this one, what I found out is that it's some USB port error. I tries using 2 diffrent computer, changing all ports on them nothing helps. My usb cable is 100% workig, cause it always charges, PC recognizes it in a second it's impossible that cable is broken.
If u have any other advice for me please tell.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hmm....could it be possible that the program is having issues writing to the system? Here's what I would do but I'm not sure it would work. I would get the phone in recovery mode and restore with iTunes to ios 7. Then, I would put it in dfu mode and flash the ios 6 ispw with redsnow. That's what I would do, I can't guarantee it would work (with getting back to ios 6)

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to check if my blob files are correct, I checked them with redsn0w and it says they are is that very reliable?
I am very much afraid to update to iOS7, cause if i get stuck in it I can say goodbye to my iPhone (it's extremely slow running on iPhone 4, friend did it + I hate the look of it).

Anyway Merry Christmas :)

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
There might be a program which can verify them, I don't know of one besides redsnow though. Are you sure the blobs are for ios 6.0.1 and not 6.0? That could cause issues

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
You're doing everything correctly then. I wonder why it won't restore. Do you have find my iphone on? I've heard of that causing some issues. If yes, disable it online on your apple account. Also, can you sync the phone on iTunes? If it can't than you very well might have write issues to the phone

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I turned off find my iPhone (was on), iPhone can sync when it's turned on and frozen. Today I mad e custom IPSW with iFaith tried restoring and get error 9(something with usb port). Then I changed port tried again and got error 14. While restoring iPhone was in PWNED DFU mode

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I turned off find my iPhone (was on), iPhone can sync when it's turned on and frozen. Today I mad e custom IPSW with iFaith tried restoring and get error 9(something with usb port). Then I changed port tried again and got error 14. While restoring iPhone was in PWNED DFU mode

Can you Try it on a different computer? What computer are you using? Maybe the ispw is corrupted?

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I still didn't restore it, but there are few things I would like to ask:
  • why did tiny umbrella fetch me 2 diffrent versions of shsh blobs (6.0.1 and 6.1.2 BUT I HAD AT TIME INSTALLED iOS 6.0)
  • is 4 KB enough size for valid blobs
  • I fetched blobs after the iPhone froze but, he was still responding to everything normaly, could that cause a problem with downgarding (I think it shouldn't because aren't blobs just apples signature to allow you instal specific version of iOS?)
  • Do u think it's worth risking to upgrade iPhone to iOS 7 and then try to downgarde, as you mentioned above

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I still didn't restore it, but there are few things I would like to ask:
  • why did tiny umbrella fetch me 2 diffrent versions of shsh blobs (6.0.1 and 6.1.2 BUT I HAD AT TIME INSTALLED iOS 6.0)
  • is 4 KB enough size for valid blobs
  • I fetched blobs after the iPhone froze but, he was still responding to everything normaly, could that cause a problem with downgarding (I think it shouldn't because aren't blobs just apples signature to allow you instal specific version of iOS?)
  • Do u think it's worth risking to upgrade iPhone to iOS 7 and then try to downgarde, as you mentioned above

I don't really know why it fetched 2 unless you had 6.1.2 on your phone previously and it pulled the shsh from that install. It certainly is interesting though. Maybe the blobs are inaccurate. Something doesn't seem right about that but it seems they can be used in redsnow so it's good

For the blobs I used yes that seems right. It's basically just a signature for the install

That could cause the issue. Maybe the blobs got corrupted because it looks like the system is a little weird right now. Cydia might have messed up the verification as well, cydia can do wierd things with the shsh blobs from experience. I always have backups taken that I know work before I get into any serious changes.

I think it should be a last resort. You need a working phone because your iPhone isn't working right now. I pulled off a downgrade from ios 5 to 4 on my old iPhone 4. I don't know if it will work for ios 7 to 6 because I haven't personally tried it and apple might have changed a few things. It isn't the end of the world if you have ios 7 though. The ios 7.1 betas are a lot smoother than ios 7.0.4 because apple is working on optimization. If it does come to trying this, I have a few recommendations. The iphone should be completely wiped and not set up. This will make sure there isn't any data files which could cause some issues. During the restore it wipes the system so you should be good. Here is a link to a video to get from 7 to 6 without shsh easily http://youtu.be/Pll8MOaI8l0

Have you tried the other computer option? Most importantly, do you have the appropriate drivers installed? That can cause USB issues.

Last edited:

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
You think cydia can mess blobs even if I did not use cydia to save them?

If I install iOS7 I will wipe it and before that I will save all my data with dr. Fone

I tried 2 PC's with win 8, Desktop and Laptop booth are pretty good. Desktop has newest itunes , laptop has some pre 10.x. I don't know about drivers, I never had any issues with anything connected on USB ports.

I thought shsh blobs were different for every device, so than actually I can use someone others shsh blobs for iPhone 4?

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
You think cydia can mess blobs even if I did not use cydia to save them?

If I install iOS7 I will wipe it and before that I will save all my data with dr. Fone

I tried 2 PC's with win 8, Desktop and Laptop booth are pretty good. Desktop has newest itunes , laptop has some pre 10.x. I don't know about drivers, I never had any issues with anything connected on USB ports.

I thought shsh blobs were different for every device, so than actually I can use someone others shsh blobs for iPhone 4?

It has a backup feature where it fetches them, it does something with them. For drivers I mean if you go into device manager does your iphone 4 show up without a yellow triangle? If so, the drivers are good. Yes it is device specific, I got some wrong information (sometimes I don't think things through and I write the wrong thing).

Bartender4

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I think drivers work well ,I checked there was no triangle and it says: This device is working properly.
Do you maybe know how can I put it from Soft DFU to PWNED DFU?

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
In the video attached in my earlier post it shows how to get the phone to pwned DFU or some form of that. I can also walk you through it if you need help