iOS 6.1 - [HELP] iPhone 4 will not turn on.

buggyglint

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in need of some help! I recently upgraded a friends iPhone 4 from iOS 4.2 to 6.1.3 and attempted to jailbreak it through redsn0w. I received an error and was getting constant apple logo reboots. I was a able to enter DFU a few times and I still received errors when attempting to jailbreak it.

Now the device has turn off but I can't get it to boot back up, I have tried to hard reset probably 30 times and I have tried enter DFU and Recovery mode with no success, the device this wont boot (black screen).

I really hope that I didn't accidentally brick the device by trying to jailbreak it. Is there any other way that I can get the device to boot up? Some other button combo? I cant get it to recognize in windows either...

If anyone has any knowledge they could provide I would really appreciate it!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking doesn't brick devices. Tampering with files, altering the baseband or interrupting the update process can. Did any of these things happen?

buggyglint

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that might be a problem was that I flashed a ENTER_DFU firmware on the device as I was unable to enter DFU manually but now I cant even turn the iphone on.

buggyglint

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so now I finally got it turn on with some luck but its locked at the apple logo and will reboot once every 30mins or so. I can't even manually turn it off or hard reset it. I think I only have a windows of 1-2 seconds to try and enter DFU mode...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711