Locating a Jailbroken verizon iphone 4

bebita16

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
my verizon iphone was recently stolen and I wanted to know options on how to track it. I've already tried a bunch of methods but i'm at my wits end. Typically, i wouldn't go this far but i have family pictures that I'd like back and this person has pretty my ignored everything including a reward.

The iphone model is a 4 so it doesn't have a SIM card and only works on the CDMA network. I've tried find my iphone which worked for a few days and tracked the phone to a building but is unhelpful since i don't know the apt number. In the last few days, they were able to jailbreak my phone even though i had a 5 digit passcode on it. I also know they are making and receiving calls and texts to my number since i still have service going to it.

So now the question is ... Is there anything more i can do? For them to get passed the passcode, was all of the data on my phone erased? I've also filed a police report and told them the building but of course they didn't do anything.

At this point, the last thing i can think of doing is texting them my temp number with one last reward before i shutdown service to that phone.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I'm sorry that your device has been stolen. Having said that, you need to call your wireless provider and suspend services for it. Now, how do you know that "they were able to jailbreak" your device? If they got passed the passcode screen, it is more than likely they restored the device, but the "Find My iPhone" feature would no longer work unless the thief has entered your iCloud credentials. The phone company may be able to track them, but you need to contact them NOW! Other than what you've already done, I'm not sure there's anything else for you to do.

bebita16

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I already called Verizon and they were not helpful.

Would you know how they were able to get around the passcode? If they were able to get around the passcode, was all the info on the phone wiped clean? I'm positive they turned off the Find my iphone feature once they were able to to break the passcode. Hence why the phone isn't trackable anymore.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If phone was restored as new, then it was wiped clean. Make sure u report it as stolen like D suggested and that prevents them from using the phone or activating it again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR