why do i have different signal bars for same iphone

bishop793

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
i noticed that my daughters iphone is barely getting one or two signal bars while my wife's phone is always 4 or 5 bars...both are iphone 4 3g...(at&t)..they were purchased about six months apart...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
i noticed that my daughters iphone is barely getting one or two signal bars while my wife's phone is always 4 or 5 bars...both are iphone 4 3g...(at&t)..they were purchased about six months apart...

Have you checked the actual data speeds you're getting? iPhones often won't display the same number of signal bars, even when they are getting a nearly identical signal. I would recommend trying the SpeedTest.net app on both phones simultaneously. If they get comparable data speeds, I wouldn't worry about signal bars. I can have only 2 bars on my phone and still pull down 35 Mbps+, and sometimes have "full" bars and get less than 15 Mbps.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

bishop793

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
hi..havent posted in a while...i realized what was going on...i had the dock connector replace. the guy didnt connect the antenna back to the "receiver" to the main board. I clicked it back into place and got full receptiong again!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hi..havent posted in a while...i realized what was going on...i had the dock connector replace. the guy didnt connect the antenna back to the "receiver" to the main board. I clicked it back into place and got full receptiong again!

Thank you for updating us, and have a great weekend...:)

EmmaLawnBall2015

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I also have the same signal bar issue on my 2 year old iPhone 3GS (yes, I know we've had 3 or 4 models since my one came out) - except I have still got the original dock connector.

I have a feeling it's down to the phone mast signalling nearby. I am based in Southern England, don't live on a hill, but another row of houses are at the other side of the fence from my garden, so perhaps someone's got a satellite dish that's bouncing off my mobile signal, thus occasionally knocking my phone bar signal off balance. That's the only thing I think it could be.

If this thread is still open by the time my signal issue is resolved I'll come back and mention it, as you never know how much it may help someone who has the problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73