Hay all I am considering moving from my bold 9900 back to my old iPhone 4. The one thing stopping me at the moment is sending documents via email. Does anyone know of a way this can be done as I can't recall ever being able to do his unless I bought apples pages which I have no intentions of doing.

Thank you.
    06-29-2013 08:26 PM
    Still not possible without a 3rd party app.
    06-29-2013 09:48 PM
    Could you recent and good free or cheap 3rd party apps that work. I will have to stick with blackberry if there is nothing suitable.
    06-29-2013 09:50 PM
    I have a app called file browser that stores files and has a option to send by email ..

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    06-29-2013 10:39 PM
    I just Dropbox everything.
    06-30-2013 08:25 AM
    I just Dropbox everything.
    Yeah that

Ouick Office also lets you email documents.
    06-30-2013 08:50 AM
    Hay all I am considering moving from my bold 9900 back to my old iPhone 4. The one thing stopping me at the moment is sending documents via email. Does anyone know of a way this can be done as I can't recall ever being able to do his unless I bought apples pages which I have no intentions of doing.

Thank you.
    Is it the attaching that you can't do? I'm not sure I'm following your workflow--are the documents created on the device?
    06-30-2013 09:19 AM
    Six years later and iOS still can't do what your BlackBerry (or my old Palm TX) could do - add an attachment from within Mail. Its a disgrace and for a company that wants into the business market, a serious lapse.

As noted above, there are 3rd Party apps out there that allow for attachments, though counter-intuitively, you must start the process from within that app, not via Mail. It also means a bunch of cut/pasting involved if you are trying to reply to an incoming email and wish to include an attachment.

Yes, you can Dropbox and send an 'attachment' from Dropbox (though, strictly speaking, it's a link to the file on the net and probably one step - and security issue - too many for many companies) and maybe Google Docs will too. Meanwhile, Apple's own iWork Suite (Pages, etc) lets you send an attachment - but to my knowledge the only app that will let you attach multiple files to an email in iOS is Documents to Go. QuickOffice might too, but I left that app after serious stability / lag issues that the company was slow to fix.

Frankly, if attachments are a serious part of your mobile device use, I'd stick with BlackBerry - and live with the 'challenges' that might mean. Apple seems in no hurry to improve Mail - even if that means simply being able to link to local Pages files or their iCloud. Pity.
    06-30-2013 12:51 PM
    Thank you all for your feedback. Attaching documents to emails is something that I rely on.

As stated earlier I cannot use Dropbox dude to the security Issues. I need to be able to send an actual copy of the document.

This is one area that blackberry is miles ahead. I cannot think of any reason that apple would neglect the fact that people need to send documents via email and having to rely on 3rd party apps is not the best of workarounds.

Hopefully apple will do something to resolve the issue.

Maybe I will just have to carry both phones around for a while and see how I get on with the iPhone and have the 9900 on me just incase.

If I find I can do without my 9900 I may switch completely but as business goes at the moment I need to send documents on a regular basis.
    07-01-2013 06:58 AM
    I'm sorry, just what kind of documents can't be set? pdf, Word attachments, Excel spreadsheets?

I attach pictures and videos from within the mail app all the time....what am I missing in this question?
    CDG likes this.
    07-01-2013 06:04 PM
    I'm sorry, just what kind of documents can't be set? pdf, Word attachments, Excel spreadsheets?

I attach pictures and videos from within the mail app all the time....what am I missing in this question?
    ​Pictures and videos are not documents. Yes, you can attach pics and vids. You cannot attach anything else.
    07-01-2013 09:07 PM
    I cannot think of any reason that apple would neglect the fact that people need to send documents via email and having to rely on 3rd party apps is not the best of workarounds.
    To be honest, I don't really think it's a "workaround" per se--it's kind of the point of the App Store that not everything is handled natively. If you don't want to use a third party app, that is why Pages exists--but then you say you don't want to use that either?
    07-01-2013 09:42 PM
    Sending document is a standard feature for email. Even my old lg viewty could attach and send documents. Pages is 6.99 and I have no intention in paying apple more money for a feature that should already be there.

On my blackberry attaching documents, document, excel, and spreadsheet creation and editing is available rite out of the box.
    07-01-2013 09:47 PM
    Sending document is a standard feature for email. Even my old lg viewty could attach and send documents. Pages is 6.99 and I have no intention in paying apple more money for a feature that should already be there.

On my blackberry attaching documents, document, excel, and spreadsheet creation and editing is available rite out of the box.
    This is true it did take a while to get use too .. I think the whole reason it does not have that option is because there is no file structure like blackberry where you can just select documents so the documents are stored in whatever app you created them in or a 3rd party app so if you want to send it just select email from that app vs attaching from the email .. Yes kind of backwards but it does get the job done its mostly going to be a learning curve vs not being able too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    07-01-2013 09:57 PM

In that case, I'd agree that the iOS model probably isn't what you're looking for--it's fundamentally different in that sense
    07-01-2013 10:00 PM
    ​Pictures and videos are not documents. Yes, you can attach pics and vids. You cannot attach anything else.

Ah I get you. Thank you. My iPhones are my personal devices so I never find it necessary to send pdfs or excel spreadsheets etc. Although if I needed to, I could do so with an app from what I'm learning here.

Thank you. Just learned something else. Just found Documents to Go so if I needed Microsoft docs I could invest in that app on my iPhone. No problem.
    07-02-2013 09:15 AM
    Prob inappropriate for me to say this, but it almost sounds like the op already knew the answer and just wanted to be a burr in the imore saddle. . . just my two cents fwiw . . .

Happy 4th everyone =)
    CDG likes this.
    07-04-2013 05:42 PM
    learned something else. Just found Documents to Go so if I needed Microsoft docs I could invest in that app on my iPhone. No problem.
    I have used DocsToGo for a long time, started with my first Android device, then a break with my WPs and back to it with iPhone5. I have used it on my iPad 2 since day one. Now there is a desktop version for OSX as well.

I like it, keep thinking about investing in iWorks but never do.

PS: I am happy with emailing from within the document since it is rarely more than a document at a time and not on the day.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt likes this.
    07-04-2013 06:27 PM
    I have used DocsToGo for a long time, started with my first Android device, then a break with my WPs and back to it with iPhone5. I have used it on my iPad 2 since day one. Now there is a desktop version for OSX as well.

I like it, keep thinking about investing in iWorks but never do.

PS: I am happy with emailing from within the document since it is rarely more than a document at a time and not on the day.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
    Yah I don't see any great inconvenience. Sometimes you have to spend money to conduct business, it's part of what's needed.
    07-04-2013 09:04 PM
    Looks like the op now has 4 cents toward purchasing the needed app ;-)
    CDG likes this.
    07-04-2013 11:14 PM