Will my purchased apps transfer to a new iPhone?

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question time. I bought an iPhone 4 on eBay and thus far am loving it. I'm due for an upgrade in August and have plans to upgrade to the 5s/6 at that time. My question is will the apps I've already purchased transfer to my new iPhone?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Even if you choose not to restore everything, you can redownload any purchased app at any time from the Purchased tab of your app store app.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Any app you've ever purchased is yours, so even if you delete it from your device, you can redownload it for no charge.

Turn iCloud backups on Settings, iCloud, Storage & Backup, and then change the toggle to On for iCloud backup.

Then when you get a new device, you'll have an option to restore from an iCloud backup, you enter your iCloud login and password and it puts everything back with the exception of password (email accounts, wifi passwords, etc). The accounts themselves will be restored, just not the passwords.

I made sure to check the backup for iCloud when I first set up my phone. I figured that it would come in handy at some point.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2