iPhone 4, replacement issue

jzgut9110024

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I got an iPhone 4 thru AT&T on march 27th. A few days later I noticed the vibration wasn't working. I took it to the apple store in brea on Tuesday April 9th. The could not fix it and gave me a replacement. I did not get a new box. They just brought out a phone from the back. I should have asked if it was a replacement. That same night I noticed it was acting weird but I got it working properly. Well yesterday (Friday) it just shut off and would not turn on. I took it back the the apple store in brea and was told the phone was tampered with and they would not replace it. They said the engraved serial# was removed and some other stuff that I didn't know what it was. Why would I do that? Was is the benefit of even doing that? I told them 5 times, you guys gave me this phone but they kept saying "we are not accusing you but there are 3rd parties". I called corporate to complain and they told me to send them the phone for review. The phone doesn't even turn on so I am going to send it to them. What a disaster.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The could not fix it and gave me a replacement.

They said the engraved serial# was removed and some other stuff that I didn't know what it was.
The store that replaced it should have a record of receiving your phone with its serial number as well as the serial number of the phone that they gave you. It was a warranty claim and they have to record the numbers for those.

jzgut9110024

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The apple store manager. They just insisted that the phone was tampered with and anything I said didn't matter. I already talked to the corporate office and sending them the phone. So I am out $80 and still need to get another phone.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The apple store manager. They just insisted that the phone was tampered with and anything I said didn't matter. I already talked to the corporate office and sending them the phone. So I am out $80 and still need to get another phone.
Why are you out $80?

Also, every person who works in an Apple store is not necessarily honest, just like every other business out there. A rogue employee could be the culprit here. Deal with Apple corporate directly. They can tell what your original phone's S/N was and that it is not on your line any longer.

jzgut9110024

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
By the way, the phone was only $1. But I had to pay taxes and upgrade fees so it came out to about $80. I already sent ack the phone to apple corporate. We'll see what happens.

jzgut9110024

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I only paid $1 for the phone thru AT&T. It's $40 for the taxes and $40 for the upgrade fee. I already sent back the phone to apple. We'll see what happens.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think they are sending him a new phone?

I guess i was confused (as you asked before) with the whole "Out $80", kind of made it seem like he was having to buy another one or something.

What else can I do. If I go to another apple store they will tell me the same thing.

You can't assume that...we have two close Apple stores to the Atlanta metro area, one of them is FAR better than the other when it comes to prompt and friendly service, and i frequent that one because of this. Maybe you caught someone on a bad day (no excuse, just saying), or maybe that store has a militant management system...who knows, but I'm sure being close to L.A., you have to have multiple locations available to you.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would take it back to the nearest Apple store. Do you have a receipt of any kind from the previous replacement?

jzgut9110024

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Great news. Apple sent me a replacement phone. It was not in the standard iphone box. It was just the phone.
Its probably now new but it seems to be working great so I am glad it worked out. Lesson learned. Anytime you go
to the Apple store make sure you get receipts and/or paperwork showing a transaction was done. Always asked if
the replacement phone is a refurb or if its new. If its new then it should come in the standard iphone box completely sealed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh