Should I upgrade my JB iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 to 6.1?

Wildman Inc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I hope this post is not a duplicate? I searched the forum and was not able to find one!

My question is: Should I upgrade my jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 (Redsnow) to iOS 6.1 with the new Evasi0n Jailbreak? I am worried about the phone running slower because of the bigger iOS? Has anyone done the upgrade from the 5.1.1 to 6.1 with iPhone 4 and noticed the phone not running as smooth or quick as 5.1.1?

Thanks in advance.

Rigs0512

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!!

I just upgrade my iPhone 4 from 5.1.1 to 6.1. The 6.1 runs faster, smoother. I love it. But somehow the wifi receptions is a bit weaker. The voice call quality is improved. I feel the speaker become louder and clearer than ever. I have no complain about battery life.

May be you have to concern about your jailbreak tweak compatibility.

Wildman Inc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no concerns at all with my phone now, it works amazing! That's why I am a bit hesitant to upgrade, didn't want to run into a slower performing iPhone afterwards! Thank you for the reply!

Cheers!

j4v3d

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded and glad that i did - boots up faster and works much more smoother. Not going to over pile it with rubbish like i did before. Just download what you need and it will be fine. :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd take a look at the new features in iOS 6 before deciding...the iPhone 4 got left out of a lot--no Siri, no Turn By Turn w/voiceover, etc. You get Facebook integration and a few other things but it isn't as huge an upgrade as it might be for a 4S. That said, I think it will run fine, it's more a question of the hassle of doing it and making sure all your favorite jailbreak tweaks are still available on iOS 6.

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I was on 5.1 for the longest time. 6.1 has improved battery life on iPhone4 & the touch is much smoother. However, there are some minor issues that most people are facing after the Evasi0n JB. I suggest you upgrade to 6.1 only if you can revert to 5.1.1 OR are prepared to live with 6.1 JB issues till they get sorted out.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U may also want to consider that mostly all the Apps will be updated and require 6.x and up soon, so might as well update and jailbreak while u can before Apple patches the exploit. Just my $0.02. And FYI, I went from 5.1.1 to 6.1 and its ALOT smoother and faster. U go nothing to lose at this point.

da_abades

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The same here! Perfect!
Altough i think the improvement in speed must also be because of a restored and new iphone (in my case) before i has so much things slowing it down :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods