I worked on a iPhone today for a friend
Was water damage .. Not sure how long etc
Phone only turned on when connected to power unplug phone dies
Opened it inside was still soaked
I removed battery hair dryer inside
Till complete dry

Cleaned battery connector

Phone now works turns on etc

Only prob is as soon as battery is connected even when powered off phone gets hot not the battery but the logic board near where the battery connects and battery drain super fast like 100 to 15 in like a hour

My guess something is grounding it

Any ideas ? Anyone seen this .. Phone is being replaced by warranty from friend anyways but I'm just curious lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

col_bris

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Put it in a bag of rice and seal the bag. Leave it for a few days. The dona complete restore after charging

In saying that it may be to late
What I am amazed at Apple usually never replaces phones that have been in water. They test the phone with special equipment and if it shows moisture the answer is no.

The usually charge a change over fee and provide new or rebuilt phone
Colin Australia

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Put it in a bag of rice and seal the bag. Leave it for a few days. The dona complete restore after charging

In saying that it may be to late
What I am amazed at Apple usually never replaces phones that have been in water. They test the phone with special equipment and if it shows moisture the answer is no.

The usually charge a change over fee and provide new or rebuilt phone
Colin Australia

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Ya I know all that thanks thou

I don't think insurance was thru apple and if it has apple plus it actually does cover it for the deductible

bbsadaj

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
water contains certain chemical properties, both positive and negative, that disrupt electrical activity and alter it. rice has been said to work but this only delays the inevitable, which is the breakdown of the electronic components. thats why aftermarket manufacturers have been coming up with ways to "waterproof" phones for a while without using a case and done from the outside of the device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
water contains certain chemical properties, both positive and negative, that disrupt electrical activity and alter it. rice has been said to work but this only delays the inevitable, which is the breakdown of the electronic components. thats why aftermarket manufacturers have been coming up with ways to "waterproof" phones for a while without using a case and done from the outside of the device.

Ya there is no moisture left in the phone but I'm sure damage has been done

martijefre

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Leave it for a few days. The dona complete restore after charging
1a3.jpg